cma67

Help choosing kitchen color..I am at a loss with this kitchen.

CMA67 A
5 år sedan

I had golden-oak cabinets that I painted and finished with a Minwax polyurethane. I painted the cabinets two different colors with a lighter color on top and darker color on the bottom. Walls gold.

There’s something awfully wrong with the way these colors are working together, or not working together. I’ve got all this white....white door/window trim, white shutters, white ceiling crown and now-this new Navajo “White” color on the top cabinets (which is not at all white).

As a remedy, I’m thinking of blending the walls with the top cabinet color. Can’t think of anything else to do short of repainting the cabinets which is too expensive and labor intensive at the moment.

These links are the existing Sherwin Williams cabinet colors. Below you’ll see a few suggested coordinating colors. I’m posting a few pictures of the kitchen, if you have any ideas at all please share them, they will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Top Cabinets
Navajo White SW 6126
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6126-navajo-white#/6126/?s=coordinatingColors&p=PS0

Bottom
Smokehouse SW7040 (bottom)
https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7040-smokehouse#/7040/?s=coordinatingColors&p=PS0

I need help choosing a SW color for the walls that will at least make the kitchen look better...even acceptable at this point. Please leave constructive criticism..I appreciate it. The ceiling light, pictures and stuff like that I know need to go..give it to me straight, I can take it!

Kommentarer (416)

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

And you don’t even have to draw it

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    Alright I'm not as fancy as you but here goes. The lower two in this picture you posted are out.
    This one Kate posted, or your #4 (my patchwork) are in.
  • Elle
    5 år sedan
    #1 is also out. too black. you need colors.
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Number 4 is my fav

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

It’s like what I think and what y’all think rolled in one (no pun)

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I’ll call about that one

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

They don’t have it and it won’t be restocked..just square and won’t look as good

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

Can you just put 4 pictures up with #s 1-4 of your favorites. It's way too confusing as is. Just YOUR 4 finalists! It's your house, but if you want our comments on your finalists you'll get it. Our favorites don't matter at all if they are not your finalists.

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan
  • pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

I hate it- the Rossi you just posted

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

Typo- Rossi. It's ugly.

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

Damn spell check. The RossO.

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    I like the first Utopia one.
    CMA67 A thanked Elle
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Oh hey there. Im going to have lunch first. Take it easy on Ellen, she sure tries. Lol

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

• Denise Kaser
    5 år sedan
    Following
    CMA67 A thanked Denise Kaser
  • pandtkendall
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Ellen has given you great advice. I’ve never said or thought differently if your comment on “taking it easy on Ellen” was directed to me. You just asked for opinions and that’s all anyone has tried to do, she more than everyone. Which rug is the “first Utopia” one Ellen just mentioned above that she likes? I think she and I pretty much agree on what the room needs, which doesn’t mean our favorites would be exactly the same or should be. Bottom line is it’s your decision. not ours.

CMA67 A thanked pandtkendall
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I have a dry funny bone pandtkendall..no worries :)

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

The first utopia is this

Chris just woke from an hour long nap!

• katinparadise
    5 år sedan

I like the first utopia you posted as well. It has your blues and your reds. It's also polypropylene, which means it's super easy to keep clean. You can even take it outside and hose it off if you need to!

CMA67 A thanked katinparadise
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Plus

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Here’s the first utopia with some things I bought..to return or keep. I can’t return the planter or canvas.

Ellen, these are teal, correct? Do they go together?

• katinparadise
    5 år sedan

'I like it Chris. It seems to work well with everything. Don't forget that everything won't be sitting on top of the rug and it doesn't need to match exactly-just coordinate. I have about 7 shades of aqua in my house but it all works because they all coordinate.

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Kate I appreciate that very much..but the I just can’t seem to wrap my head around the loud colors. I just want to know one final thing then I’m done with everything and I will post pics in about ten days....does this look okay for my kitchen..not perfect..just okay..

I’m decided that I’d rather have no rug or this rug..either way, I’m happy

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

I like the first Utopia, too. Very pretty colors that go well with everything. Do you like it, Chris? Please read Kate's post again. You are always soooo hung up on every drop of color "matching". One drop of aqua in something and it doesn't "go" because your salt and peppers are teal. You have to look at what colors coordinate with each other. Teals and aquas are both blue/greens and various shades of blue/green are great together, light and dark, then add a touch of emerald green and or cobalt blue and you can have a great room. Go across the color wheel from blue and you find an orange you like. I don't expect you to do all that, but Kate is so right- you've got to get over looking at a tiny bit of a color that will be on the floor and stop worrying about a teal pepper mill. You can have both and an interesting beautiful room by using colors that coordinate but are different. You don't the same hue for each item in the room and that's all. Like Katie my house decor is primarily blue/ green and green/blues. Lots of shades of each and they all coordinate from very pale blue/green and green/blue wall paints to bright art with aquas and ocean blues. STOP looking at every drop of color to be sure it's exactly like something else in the room. Or I'll come back to Atlanta and bop you one on the head. It won't be pretty, believe me, if I have to do that!

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

I didn't see your last post, Chris, till mine was posted. I'm glad you made your decision and please do post pictures.

• katinparadise
    5 år sedan

Chris, the rug you keep coming back to is lovely and if you love it, it will work. Go for it and you won't regret it!

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    You have many shades of blue in your pepper Mills, your planter, etc. It goes very nicely with the Utopia rug. Think about how much you've loved every piece of color you added to the space. Most of the rug will be invisible under the table. Black under a black table will just make a black vortex and you'll have to fight it by adding even more color elsewhere. And don't forget, rugs always look brighter online than in person.

Also no offense taken ever by someone sharing different ideas. I'm an engineer so my job is to pitch ideas and get overruled by people with more experience lol. I try to help where I can but most people have more experience than I do.
    CMA67 A thanked Elle
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Overruled! Loving the idea of a fluid, whirling vortex of aquas, greens, burgundy’s and black!

You three are awesome!

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Ps. I’m not supposed to play favorites but Ellen you have been super duper cool. Thank you all so much and especially you!

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    lol what's all that about
    CMA67 A thanked Elle
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you Vineet at Oriental Designer Rugs for helping with my order

• PRO
    Oriental Designer Rugs
    5 år sedan

You are welcome Chris, I see you have gone thru a lot of contemplation before deciding on the round. Let us know if we can be of more help in the future.

CMA67 A thanked Oriental Designer Rugs
  • pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

Hi, Chris. Did you get your new rug yet? You promised us photos of the new room! Hope all is well.

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Hi there pandtkendall, I sure did. I haven’t quite finished yet but here is the rug and all of Ellen’s handiwork. Ellen you did a fantastic job and I am so proud. I’ll post more pics when I finish. I hope you’re doing well pandtkendall..ty

• katinparadise
    5 år sedan

The rug is perfect for the space. I like the way it grounds everything. Good choice!

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    argh your picture isn't loading for me (I'm sure it's on my end) but I'm glad you are happy!
  • Elle
    5 år sedan
    hah ok now I can see. I like it! I have to admit I was wrong about the black rug, glad you stuck to your guns.
    What is the white thing in the basket, a candle?
    CMA67 A thanked Elle
  • pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

Glad it worked out for you.

• CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thanks all..Ellen it’s the candle for that hurricane glass. The funny thing about it is there’s a rather large hump at the bottom of the glass making it impossible to stand straight up. It just falls against the the side, not a little..a lot! Yep, it’s cheesy, tinny, razor sharp at the bottom and my most epic internet-purchase fail!

I’m looking forward to posting a few more pics a later next week...how do you like your staged envelopes! They really put me in touch with my feminine side. Not that there’s anything wrong with that lol!!! But yea, I’m super quick to defer credit on that idea ;). In fact, all I did was the rug and the rug would’ve been drapes if it weren’t for pandtkendall..who I think hates it lmbo! As long as Kat likes it..I’m cool! That made my day!

I’ll post more pics soon

• pandtkendall
    5 år sedan

I don't hate it at all! And no drapes are needed with plantation shutters!

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    Agreed, no drapes. Love your staging lol. It's so crazy that your preposterously overpriced hurricane glass is also preposterously chintzy. Maybe it's something you can replace when the time is right. PS love the flowers.
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I know it but to beat it all the candle won’t stand unless the bottom is hollowed out. You know how you can drip wax and stick it? Nope, too heavy.

I’ll post more pics in this week. I still need somthing on the shutter walls don’t I? I’ll probably look at frames for a couple family pics to go on the left side. Wondering what color to paint them?? Trim white, a red or maybe teal/blue??

‘In any case, you suggested keeping the right side (by the canvas) empty? Still your thinking?

Also, I’m looking at vinyl wall decal for the fridge wall in a lite blue:

‘Vonna’s Kitchen’ or something...fun and colorful. No?

• PRO
    Oriental Designer Rugs
    5 år sedan

Chris, the space looks picture perfect!

• PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    5 år sedan

Completely agree with those saying the first thing to do would be to update your lighting. The space is reading so warm right now and very yellow. Once it's a bit cooler, I think incorporating some teal would look beautiful.

• Elle
    5 år sedan
    Sorry Chris, I missed your post earlier. I think you could do two stacked family photos in simple frames on either side of the back wall (the one youre facing in the pic). 4 total, 2 on top of each other either side. White, red, or black with white mattes if you so choose. Keep the canvas wall as is.
    Sounds like you could just put that pillar candle on a plate and call it good, doesn't HAVE to be in a glass. Sorry that thing was such a fail.
  • CMA67 A
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Just want to update everyone who following..still haven’t gotten around to to finishing as we’ve been focused on health stuff..

I’ll get on the frames and things ASAP..

Hi Ellen!

• raynegirl1
    4 år sedan

What paint color did you use? Love it! CMA67 A

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.