kingcr317

Need help matching floor tile to vanity!

kingcr317
5 år sedan

Looking for some advice. We are redoing out bathrooms. They are both on the small side (especially the "master" bath. We plan to chnage everything (minus the vanities). These vantities are only about a year old and were put in right before we moved in. As much as they are not my favorite, it seems silly to ditch them. With that said, we are thinking of using white subway tiles for the showers with some sort of accent built in cubbies. We are just having the hardest time deciding on a floor.

My first chouse was larger (10-12") black hexigon flooring but now Im secornd guessing since it may make the room appear smaller. I am partial to grey everything however not sure it will match the vanities. Any suggestions!?

Also side note: Im not a huge fan of Marble and prefer the farm hosue look but at this point im open to any suggestions!!!

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 år sedan

So basically all you are doing is replacing the floor and wall tile?

Personally, if you are planning to redo those room, both the vanities are much to dark.

and honestly, the tile in there is fine, I would wait to do the master bath until you figure out how you can make it larger.

In the guest bath, I would have the floor grout/tile cleaned and paint the room. As you stated they are not very big rooms, but what is dominating both is the dark wood/top vanities.

• kingcr317
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you for the comments. Unfortunatly the tile has to go. It has cracks in certain areas anot some is mismatched. We would LOVE to be able to make the master bigger but this is not our forever home and without an addition its really not possible nor worth the money. As I stated, i personally would have NEVER went with these vanities however since they are brand new, my husband and I agree they are not worth replacing where we will be selling in a year.

We will definitely be painting in both and will go with a light color. My biggest problem right now (that is chnagable) is the floors.

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    5 år sedan

Go to a flooring store (not home depot or lowes) and look at their tiles that mimic travertine. For the floor, porcelain or ceramic (pei rating 4 or 5, commercial stength) will work fine. For the shower walls, porcelain. You can use the same tile for the floor and shower wall if desired, porcelain only then. Add a deco border in the shower that has some of the same colors as the vanity top to help pull the area together.

• PRO
    Rudio Designz
    5 år sedan
    Hello,
    I would certainly use one of the two applications you addressed in the shower for the floor . possibly a larger profile of the same so you are not incorporating too many applications in this small space. I do not mind the dark vanity base but the top could be replaced with a white pre-fab from Lowe's or Home Depot with the sink built it. VERY inexpensive and your dilemma will be addressed I promise. If you spend the $100 in the countertop in a white . I would use a 12 x 24 porcelain tile on the floor. This size format tiles will help make the space appear larger .
    Hope this helps
  • pricklypearcactus
    5 år sedan

If you're going to the expense of completely remodeling the bathrooms, especially replacing the shower, it seems like the expense of a single 36" vanity is small percentage of that cost. If you love the vanities, by all means, save them and re-install. If you don't love the vanities, I don't imagine the cost to replace the vanities is going to break the bank.

Keep in mind that "changing tile" in a shower is not a simple matter of removing the tile and re-installing. It's fully gutting the shower to the studs and bare sub-floor and rebuilding a fully waterproof shower and then tiling over top. Most of your expense will be in labor.

I would recommend going to a real tile store and bringing home a bunch of samples that you like. Then put them up against elements you're keeping until you find the look you want. I don't really understand the "farmhouse" look so I can't really make a recommendation on materials for you.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.