malsh_k

Which color dining table for this space

Dream
5 år sedan

We dont have a formal dining room, we have an open space for dining table and kitchen. I’ve attached pictures below. Our Current dining table is counter high. We want to replace it with a standard dining table so it’ll be shorter than the island. Please share your thoughts on what would fit in this space. Thank you.

Here’s our options.

Option 1 - Would a dark table, walnut color match this space with green chairs to match the island chairs.

malsh_k's ideas · Mer info

Option 2- same dark table with beige chairs

Option 3 - I feel this is the closest matches for the cabinets

This the wine cabinet I would like under the window. And this is a perfect matche to the walnut color table.

Here‘s the current setup.

Kommentarer (35)

• Denita
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Just popped in to say I love your green chairs at the island. They are so fresh. I wouldn't compete with them with green chairs at the table though. The walnut table is very nice for your space.

• Nicole R Dsp
    5 år sedan
    If your wine cabinet is for glasses and decanters, awesome. If it’s for storing wine, hopefully it’s not a bottle you want to sit on. Storing wine at the appropriate temperatures is critical for shelf life (about 55 is ideal for both red and whites).
  • Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

The wine cabinet is basically for storing the glasses, ice buckets etc. I was initially planning on have the same kitchen cabinets along that window wall but now feel this idea is better and it’ll give this part a more formal look.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år sedan

The walnut for sure I would get a cover for the chairs that has that green in it but IMO all green choirs around the table will be too much

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Those who think green chairs will be too much green, what are your thoughts on the walnut table with the beige striped chairs?

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

I'm not a fan of the striped chair.I don't think they match your modern kitchen design which I really like it. I would find a walnut leg chaired you like in a neutral fabric and bring green by the way of fresh flowers on the table, a plant in or/and a piece of art work over the table to tie in with the bar stools. The propose table is very nice too.

• kulrn
    5 år sedan

Option 3 looks the most modern to me. But the chairs are a bit heavy for me.

Carson Carrington Ballerup Rectangular 5-piece Dining Set by - Free Shipping Tod · Mer info

• Denita
    5 år sedan

Great table and chairs kulrn. Perfect for OP IMO

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

@kulrn- thank you that's a lovely set but its too casual for me.

Since this is also the formal dining place I need a chair a little bit more formal looking.

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Would any of these work? They're all beige seat.

choice 1

choice 2 - legs are darker than walnut

choice 3 -

Choice 4 - legs are darker

• kulrn
    5 år sedan

I see it as more modern vs. casual. Your kitchen is so modern. Very pretty!

Bennett Dining Table | Mid Century Modern · Mer info

30 Rooms with Striking Rugs - Inspiration - Dering Hall · Mer info

Dining Chairs | Categories | MOE'S Wholesale · Mer info

1101 Silver Hill Drive · Mer info

CB2 - April Catalog 2018 - Azalea Ivory Moon Chair · Mer info

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

These are from Hayneedle site

choice 5

choice 6

Choice 7 Mocha color

Choice 8 Mocha

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

I like the style of choice 5 but not sure of the color, looks on the pink side from here.

• kulrn
    5 år sedan

I like choice 5 too.

• sofikbr
    5 år sedan

Your kitchen definitely modern and I think it will look best with modern table that has walnut and some metal accents. Here is our set, from overstock.

• sofikbr
    5 år sedan

Chairs are very comfortable, and live edging of table adding beautiful design element.

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

@sofikbr- what color are the chairs in your set? Did you get the set together? My cabinets are not walnut color, they're more cherry color, redish. But I like the walnut color table that I posted above because it has a matching wine cabinet too.

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

The Margo set is nice too and a great price! Have you seen it in person?

• sofikbr
    5 år sedan

It is not a set. Chairs are white, but I think they available in more colors. I think table color will work great with your cabinets. We have white cabinet next to table, but I see why you like that one.

• Mel O'Don
    5 år sedan

Choice 5 chair with your table would likely look nice. DI would also caution you to avoid the green. It's currently a pop of color. If you add additional green chairs at your table you will have lost the pop and turned it into a punch.

• sofikbr
    5 år sedan

Name of table Kosas Home Bauer 94-inch Dining Table

And chairs Clay Alder Home Easley Amanda Modern Dining Chair (Set of 2)

• kulrn
    5 år sedan

I do think the Margo you posted is nice too!

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

I have seen the Margo in person. We have the option to buy the chairs with arm rest or without. The short side of table is not straight, there's a slight curve to it, would that make it traditional? The other problem is that we don't like the wine cabinet that goes with the Margo, we want the walnut color wine cabinet.

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

I don't think the Margo is traditional at all. It's more modern/transitional. I prefer it to the Teagan. The Teagan is bulky while your kitchen cabinets are stream lined modern. The Teagan table looks a bit Asian influenced to me. It reminds me of a Torii gate. I can see why you don't like the accompanying chairs. Too bad you don't like the Margo wine cabinet.

• PRO
    Seldens Furniture
    5 år sedan

I like your new table choice! For the chairs to go with I would steer away from adding more green and look for something neutral and more on the modern/contemporary side. Good luck!

Global Views Straight Wing Chair, Alvaro Gray, Side · Mer info

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Margo cabinet is smaller 48” bs teagan is 60” would cover most of the wall and leave little space on each side.

Do you think it’s close enough in color that I could have the Margo set and the Teagan cabinet?

Margo

Teagan

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

One is cherry and the other one is walnut plus you have all the wood from your cabinets and floor. I would want some breathing room on the wall under the window especially since the kitchen cabinet are adjacent. How wide is the window?

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

Does the store have samples of the finishes? If not I would I call them to see if you could get a sample sent to you. I am totally visual. Monitors and advertising images can be so misleading for a true representation of color, it's always best to see in person or in the actual room.

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

The window is 40” and the entire wall is 100”. I saw both items in the showroom and it didn’t look like a big difference but then again the showroom is not bright like the space in my house.

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

I prefer the Teagan server too. It's not too large for the space you still would have some room on each side. Since you have seen them both in person you would be the best judge for color matching. I do like the styling of both pieces and think they would work nicely in your room. Would you do two arm chairs?

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

No, I’m going to have chairs without the arm.

• Pajarito
    5 år sedan

Good call

• PRO
    HomeScape Stagers
    5 år sedan

the walnut is lovely and will be a good match to all that you already have. I would agree with so many above in that I would not make it matchy-matchy with the chairs. All green will be too much. May I suggest a wishbone chair? this is a nice one below. Never mind their beach style reference. [https://www.houzz.com/products/wishbone-y-chair-walnut-natural-cord-prvw-vr~119479754[(https://www.houzz.com/products/wishbone-y-chair-walnut-natural-cord-prvw-vr~119479754)

• Dream
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Here it is!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.