lornakate

Help with kitchen colors please

Lorna
5 år sedan
Hi All!
We are finally getting around to updating our kitchen and I could use some advice. Cabinets will stay Java. We are redoing the island. It will be rectangle and turned parallel to the sink/fridge wall. There will be a prep sink and cook top in it. Wall ovens will be replaced with a single oven and a microwave. Cabinet above the existing microwave will be replaced with a longer one to match the one on the left. We will be using quartz for the countertops. The kitchen is very bright-lots of natural light. I’m open to changing paint color. Support pole can’t be moved. Floors are honey oak and will be refinished to either a light raw wood or a medium neutral tone.

Questions:
1. What color quartz?
2. What color backsplash?
3. Should the new island be java also or is there a color that looks nice with the nearly black existing cabs?
4. Anything else that stands out that I should consider?

Thanks!

Kommentarer (7)

• Lorna
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Here is a better photo of the whole kitchen from when we had just moved in.
  • rcarterworld
    5 år sedan

I think your ideas are nice. What stands out to me is that all of your furniture is dark also. I did this when I moved into my home and I desperately want to change that.

• Lorna
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Thank you both so much! Ladd I really appreciate the details and gorgeous photos. I love your ideas!

Regarding the dark furniture....the 2 original pics are from the owners before-it’s all I could find. We do have a dark couch but that’s really the only dark besides the cabinets. Our kitchen table is white. I totally get what you’re saying....I’m not a huge fan of dark colors but the dark cabinets don’t bother me like I thought they would. All the natural light makes a huge difference. Thank you!
  • mark_rachel
    5 år sedan

Something like Viatera Quartz surface from LG with simple cream backsplash would look nice. My cabinets are not as dark as yours, but we have a similar look going on. We just did a facelift earlier this year. Here is my kitchen below. We went with Fiore Bianco granite/cream crackle backsplash & i'm so in love with it.

• Lorna
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Mark_rachel your kitchen looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Is your cooktop induction? If so....what model and a review perhaps?
  • mark_rachel
    5 år sedan

It's not. I wish...

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.