wdccruise

Search for shower door that doesn't require attachment to threshold

wdccruise
5 år sedan

I'm searching for a frameless shower door (approx 58") that does not have to be attached to the threshold (shower base) with screws. My shower's threshold is cast iron. Dreamline and Kohler do make such doors -- they attach only to the shower walls -- but they all have a metal crosspiece above the door which I really don't like (see Figure 1).

DreamLine Infinity-Z 56-60 in. Width, Frameless Sliding Shower Door, 1/4" Glass, · Mer info

Figure 1. Dreamline Infinity-Z (does not attach to threshold but has the above-door crosspiece I don't like)

I'd much prefer a door such as that in Figure 2 which does not have the crosspiece.

DreamLine SHDR-1960723R-01 Mirage-X 56 - 60"W x 72" Shower Door in Chrome; Right · Mer info

Figure 2. Dreamline Mirage-X (does not have above-door crosspiece but requires attachment to threshold)

Even better would be a swing/pivot door such as that shown in Figure 3.

Unidoor 53 - 61 Hinged Shower Door - Dreamline · Mer info

Figure 3. Dreamline Unidoor (preferred style, but requires attachment to threshold)

Does anybody know of such a door from any manufacturer?

Kommentar (1)

• PRO
    Dimora Interiors
    5 år sedan

The best way to do it is to order custom made glass doors and they will be attached to the walls only held with silicone at the bottom. I hope it helps. :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.