masterbathroom909

Bathroom floor tile: Large squares (on the diagonal), or long planks?

masterbathroom909
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

What do you think is more up-to-date choice for flooring in a large/decent size master bath — 24x24” (or larger) tiles laid diagonally, or longer plank-style tiles (not laid diagonally)?

Below are examples -- I think either can look great. What factors would you consider when choosing between the two styles? Are planks becoming more popular?

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    Dimora Interiors
    5 år sedan

They both look great. 24"X24" diagonal is a bit old-fashion. Wood plank tiles are becoming very popular. Also 24"X48" tiles would look great and they have less grout joints. Hope it helps.

• PRO
    Dragonfly Tile & Stone Works, Inc.
    5 år sedan

It has everything to do with "your house". The style, the space, and what appeals to you. The 24 x 24 on a diagonal is a bit more traditional but it still works "in the right space". Long plank tiles in various finishes continue to be popular "in the right space" and can lean traditional, rustic, or can be quite contemporary depending upon the finish and how they are laid out. And those are only two choices of unlimited possibilities.

• masterbathroom909
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

Thanks! I guess the footprint of the room is a big factor. I want to make the most “timeless” choice; something that won’t feel dated in a few years. I really like the look of large square diagonal marble (or marble-look porcelain) tile floors — especially with the white, clean, open, airy feel I’m going for. But lately I’ve seen some longer rectangular porcelain planks that look nice too (I wouldn’t do wood-look, personally, for our project).

Our current bathroom has white 12x12 diagonal floor tiles and it looks pretty decent as-is — but maybe we should make a bigger change than just new, larger light-colored square diagonal tiles.

• ci_lantro
    5 år sedan

Probably a personal quirk but I just do not like floor tiles set on the diagonal. They just physically disturb me, give me a disconnected dizzy feeling.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.