79suren

Foundation planting recommendations please!!

79suren
5 år sedan

Hello! We moved into a new home and I recently had a few landscape companies come out and give estimates for revamping/replacing the plantings on the front side of the home ($6k). I like the providers but their costs came in higher than expected and I’m waiting to give them response upon deciding. My wife thinks we would be fine just doing some foundation plantings on the left side of this photo And keeping the plants in center/right of this photo. I was thinking a low evergreen hedge across the left pentagon against foundation but open to suggestion. We have rhododendrons, a holly and two large hydrangeas which are all pictured towards center and right in picture. We are in Massachusetts and the planting area gets afternoon sun from 12-4/5. Thanks in advance for guidance.

Kommentarer (9)

• PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 år sedan

To me it looks like quite the hodgepodge ... especially at the center and right portion. The only shrub that looks like potentially an automatic keeper is the one off the left corner of the garage ... if it was allowed to get large and cut so we wouldn't have to look under it.

It's too far away to tell what anything is. Maybe you could cut some of these shrubs (not the one off the garage corner) to the ground and regrow them in better form. (This would typically regrow to a decent state over the course of a single season.)

• 79suren
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Dig Doug, thanks very much for the input. Could you confirm the plant names?

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    5 år sedan

Pieris, Hinoki Cypress, Dwarf Japanese Maple, Candytuft, Softtouch Holly, Hoogendorn Holly, Hydrangea

• PRO
    Jill Davis Design
    5 år sedan

Great job on this design - I would add some additional burgundy colored foliage to kick it up a little. I love the color of your house and white hydrangeas would be lovely. Maybe a dwarf variety of weigela? This is called 'Spilled Wine' . Blooms in the spring but the foliage is really cool the rest of the year.

• PRO
    Jill Davis Design
    5 år sedan

I would add 3 of these under the hydrangea tree

79suren thanked Jill Davis Design
  • 79suren
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Jill and Doug thanks so much for the input- I love your vision. Would all of these plants do ok with afternoon sun only? 4-5 hours

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    5 år sedan

The plants I show will do well.

79suren thanked Dig Doug's Designs
  • PRO
    Jill Davis Design
    5 år sedan

Yes- as long as you water when needed.

79suren thanked Jill Davis Design
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.