sarahedeakins

Front door help!

Sarah Deakins
5 år sedan

We recently swapped out our double door for the below pictured single door with sidelight configuration. Right now, the portion between the door and sidelights is a white, nonstainable wood, with the little piece of trim that’s unfinished nailed to the top. I don’t know how to finish off this door. The easiest option would be to paint the part between the door and sidelights white, but I don’t think I’m going to like that look. I am also considering painting the sidelights and possibly the door too, although I hate to because the stain is pretty. Any ideas? Nothing is off the table here! I’ll post additional pictures for more perspective below.

Kommentarer (4)

• Sarah Deakins
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Here is the whole house view, but with the old door.

• PRO
    PPF.
    5 år sedan

the portion between the door and sidelights is a white, nonstainable wood

I'd paint these brown trying to match the stain, and darker is better than lighter.

little piece of trim that’s unfinished nailed to the top

Stain these to match the door.

• houssaon
    5 år sedan

Dark brown or black. Do the white trim around the whole unit the same color.

• PRO
    TheDoorsDepot
    5 år sedan

Hi there! You can paint the part between the door and sidelights white and also paint sidelights white, it will less emphasize that part. But I think door and sidelights look amazing now, and it would be good if you can pick up the right color for that part to match the door, like wenge and leave door as it is.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.