osusannaji

Are 8 foot doors too high for a ranch house with 10 foot ceilings?

S Thank you
5 år sedan

I finally went to a window/ door showroom and saw actual 8 foot doors. They seem freakishly tall. Thoughts? Considering dropping to 7 foot doors with 10 foot ceilings.

Kommentarer (8)

• User
    5 år sedan
    will it be at the same height as your windows?
  • cpartist
    5 år sedan

My doors are 8' with 10' ceilings. Actually in my hallways my ceilings are only 9' tall with 8' doors.

• worthy
    5 år sedan

freakishly tall

Seven foot doors in 10' high rooms seem freakishly small. I'm building with 12' ceilings and am wondering about 8' doors.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    5 år sedan

"...Are 8 foot doors too high for a ranch house with 10 foot ceilings?..."

No. That's a perfect size.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    5 år sedan

Perhaps it is not the door that seems freakishly tall.

• Pinebaron
    5 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 5 år sedan

I feel there's no generic or a correct answer; it all depends on the layout whether you are referring to doors leading to bedrooms, office, kitchen or pantry, or bathrooms, or hallways etc. etc. An 8' door may look freakishly tall in one setting and may look quite normal or elegant in another be it 9', 10' or 12' ceilings. The door width will also determine it's visual impact. Our 8' interior doors are 36" glass doors, opposite each other leading to the laundry and walk in pantry in a section that has 9' ceiling; why? because the huge adjoinning family room has 12' ceilings with 8' glass wall of sliders each with 30" transom windows above, it ties in nicely. What I'm trying to say is, draw it out or visualize the impact of what you would see from any particular point or location in your home.

• PRO
    Summit Studio Architects
    5 år sedan

Interior doors will feel fine at 8'. Exterior doors and windows should either be taller or have transoms to take the glass within a foot or so of the ceiling. The perception of height is determined by the window height, not the ceiling height.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.