girlwonder88

How should we light our new covered porch?

Sara
5 år sedan
Our trusses went up this week for our new porch-so exciting!-and builder has asked us to decide how we want to light it. Both picking light by front door, and lighting for the seating area of the porch. It’s a space we hope to use a lot when weather is good, for drinks and visiting and reading. House built in the 40s. Door will be bright yellow, exterior grey or navy. Porch is 6’ deep. Barrel roof over seating area. Do we want can lights (bright and easy but meh), pendants?

Kommentarer (4)

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    5 år sedan

Will it be screened?

• Sara
    Författare
    5 år sedan
    No. No screen. I’m in the pacific NW and that’s not common here. Bugs aren’t horrible.
  • PRO
    Mikes Landscape Lighting
    5 år sedan

I would use low voltage down lights. The light can be subtle, yet bright enough for eating and even reading. I have many ideas in my patio lighting idea book.

Work · Mer info

• wdccruise
    5 år sedan

I'd suggest (and your neighbors will appreciate) warm (low-Kelvin), dark-sky lighting which illuminates the porch only to the extent necessary, doesn't shine into the yard or into neighbors' windows, and is turned on only when needed.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.