dreamsofabed

Calling all chandelier fans--advice appreciated!

Dream Sofa
5 år sedan
senast redigerad:5 år sedan

We have a stairwell with high ceilings and I'd like to hang a chandelier. The picture attached shows only the foyer and not that much for the stairwell

/ceiling, but imagine if you will. . . My questions:

1. Should we hang a

) over the landing or b) in the middle of the stairwell

2. What kind of chandelier would you suggest? We are planning on hanging a large painting on the stairwell wall that you can't see , i.e., the one closest to the viewer in the image

Hope that all makes sense. Appreciate any and all ideas!

p.s., I kind of like this one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Minka-Lavery-Isabella-s-Crown-6-Light-Chrome-Chandelier-3157-77/302784719

Kommentarer (8)

• PRO
    Kat & Co. Interiors
    5 år sedan

Your craftsman style home is lovely. To highlight the design that is already in the home, I would advise against the crystal chandelier that you have chosen and look for fixtures that offer more structure and simple lines.

When struggling with where to centre light fixtures, a better option that I recommend to clients is to do a grouping at various heights. Start looking at a grouping with 3 hanging fixtures to see if this will suit the scale and style of your home.

Good luck!

• Dream Sofa
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you, Kat! Appreciate your comments. Do you have any links for your more structured suggestions just so I can get a sense? The biggest challenge is not making it too structured so it obscures the painting.

• Gcubed
    5 år sedan

following

• Dream Sofa
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thanks, Rory! Where is that one from?

Thanks all, appreciate the perspectives and welcome others!

• cawaps
    5 år sedan

I really like multi-pendant lights in stairwells with the pendants at different heights, along the lines of what Kat and Galilee suggested.

• Dream Sofa
    Författare
    5 år sedan

Thank you!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.