meags816

Living room layout? HELP!

meags816
4 år sedan

We've finally settled on a paint color (Grey Owl) with Simply White trim and have a tentative couch picked out. Initially we'd hoped to fit a piano in the living room but it's dropped on my list of priorities. I want a comfortable living space. Now that we're not hemmed in by trying to fit a piano, I'm attempting to wrap my head around how to arrange furniture and art. I'm looking at theKeegan couch from Macy's in charcoal - we've also added this lamp instead of the torchier lamp on the left. The piece on the maroon wall is going, as is the art in the dining area. The photos on the left wall could be swapped or relocated and I know they need to be lowered. I don't want to put anything in front of the awning windows as that's our main airflow. We will likely get rid of the loveseat. I like more of a midcentury look without being too rigid in that department. Here's what we're working with::

Kommentarer (8)

• erinsean
    4 år sedan

Could you swap your couch and loveseat and use the chest we see as a coffee table?

• Nancy Ingram
    4 år sedan

So this is what I suggest. If you have chairs with an open base, there should be no restriction on airflow from the windows. I think a sectional is just going to block you in. The room will feel much more open especially when you enter from the front door. You may want to wall mount your tv so you can angle it toward the sofa.

• Nancy Ingram
    4 år sedan

Sorry don’t know why this didn’t Post.

meags816 thanked Nancy Ingram
  • decoenthusiaste
    4 år sedan

No sectional here, please, unless it is a sleek skinny one!

Mid Century Modern Living Room - Small Bungalow · Mer info

West Village apartment · Mer info

Contemporary Living Room · Mer info

Carmel Mid-Century LEED · Mer info

• meags816
    Författare
    4 år sedan

I like the idea of chairs in front of the windows - and the couch along the inside wall. We're a family of 3 with a kiddo who loves to lounge on the couch - comfort is high on the list. I love the West Village and Contemporary living room couches but they don't look super comfortable? Any couch recs?

• PRO
    Nandina Home & Design
    4 år sedan

A layout similar to the one below will work better for you we think. However you don't need two sofas.

Modern Luxury Home · Mer info

• Manon Floreat
    4 år sedan

Hi, meags. I think you have enough room for a sofa and three chairs. I wouldn't do a sectional. For a well made sofa that will last, take a look at Lee Industries. They've got a nice selection. The sofa and chairs in the below collage are from them. Crate and Barrel carries several of their pieces.

The TV console is a vintage up-cycle. If you like the idea, check out your local thrift stores or Craigslist for something you can make your own.

I've also got another furniture arrangement to consider. It has a 84"W X 38" D sofa and two airy armchairs 26"W X 31" D. You can likely fit an accent chair to the left of the sofa with similar dimensions. A modern wing might be nice.

I really like your lamp choice!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.