webuser_453985918

GE Profile with Cafe handles???

We’re currently in the process of updating our kitchen. I found an amazing deal on a GE Cafe 36“ counter depth French door fridge and a GE Profile 30” electric double wall oven. We love the look of the Cafe fridge and with these two appliances being right next to each other, the mismatch would drive my OCD crazy.

So, could I just buy Cafe handles and install them on to a Profile appliance???

Kommentarer (12)

• Sammy
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Could you? Maybe. Should you? No, that’s weird. It’d be like putting Lexus badging on a Camry.

Edited to add that maybe it’ll make you feel better knowing that mixing levels and/or brands of appliances is not a big deal. For example, I have a regular (not Profile or Cafe) GE cooking center (microwave and wall oven combo thing) next to a Miele DW, which is across from a Thermador range, which is next to a Sub-Zero refrigerator.

• Houzz-ID: 453985918
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Believe me, I know what you mean.

• Sammy
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

:)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år sedan

Honestly you buy appliances for how you cook and not because the handles match.What would drive me crazy is getting all matching appliances that did not work for my cooking style. I think this is a subject that is often on here and I have to tell in all my years of designing kitchens it has never been an issue for my clients.

• moosemac
    4 år sedan

HU-453985918 I asked GE about this and the answer is no. The handle mount spacing is just a tad different but enough so the handles are not interchangeable. Being the skeptic I am, I even measured the a Profile and a Cafe of the same model appliance and the handle mount spacing was different. Given the price difference between the Cafe and the Profile, I assume GE does this on purpose. LOL

• Pete
    3 år sedan

Thank you for being skeptical and double checking. I had thought of doing the same! have a cafe stove but reg GE DW and fridge. thanks again Moosemac

• mearas
    3 år sedan

I actually wanted to do this as well when we renovated our kitchen and purchased all profile line appliances. We had wanted the slate color which was only on the profile line and ultimately the price tag fit our needs too, but I love the retro shape of the cafe line, it matches my cabinet wear and style so much more etc. It is certainly interesting that the spacing is different because they print up one set of installation directions for all GE replacement handles - so you'd think it would have worked! Darn!! Maybe someday.....

• PRO
    Second Nature Designs
    3 år sedan

Any idea if the handles would work on a panel ready fridge? I purchased a cafe package with brushed copper handles but went with a sub zero panel ready fridge and need to buy handles and thought matching them to my cafe appliances is perfect. And since I don’t need to follow any dimensions for holes, I thought it would work. However, not sure of the hardware that comes with it. Bolts, screws..etc. any insight would help??

• Justin7894
    2 år sedan

What about cooktop knobs? I have a 36" profile cooktop with a broken knob, and would consider the mixed metal cafe range knobs.

• ashleyb345
    2 år sedan

@John & Loretta McGinnis would love to see your final results!

• Kathy
    2 år sedan

@John & Loretta McGinnis yes did you end up changing the handles?? Would love to know if it worked out

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.