amar_a

is it okay to use grasscloth wallpaper in bathroom?

amar_a
4 år sedan

Was thinking of using a grasscloth wallpaper in my powder bath which is a full bath.

Kommentarer (4)

• Tootsie
    4 år sedan

Add a really good exhaust fan and use it! I personally don’t think it’s an issue. Grasscloth is pricy but it’s a small room.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Rae Interiors
    4 år sedan

It is not advised to use real grasscloth near water. Your wallpaper can easily be ruined. There are many faux grasscloth wallcoverings that you can definitely use in a bathroom, however.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    4 år sedan

I have grasscloth in my living and dining rooms. I've never seen it in a bathroom but have trouble imagining it working well there. Possibly a powder room, but a room that can become steamy even with effective fans, possibility steam even briefly when one hasn't dusted or vacuumed walls regularly (I can be guilty of that), then add to that mix someone in the household using a spray type product (hair or body)?

I would much rather see paint, washable wallpaper, or tile in a bathroom and texture introduced by some other means.

• Helen
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

I installed silk wallpaper in my master bath and no issues.

I don't have reams of steam coming out of the shower - not even condensation on the mirror when I shower. There is some condensation on the inside of the glass enclosure but it actually is gone by the time I have finished drying off and doing whatever else I do post shower. I have a great exhaust fan which runs automatically based on ambient moisture levels on the air.

Sometimes I wonder regarding what goes on in some bathrooms. I had lunch with a male friend of mine today and he was discussing that he installed marble floors in his bathroom years ago and I told him about numerous threads in which people were warned that adult males would wind up spraying urine around the base and he laughed at the thought that this was thought to be normal toilet habits among adult men.

Most of the time the door to my master bathroom is open because I don't need that level of privacy from whomever is in my master bedroom. But even closed, any residual moisture is sucked up by my fan pretty quickly or dissipates into the atmosphere. I don't live on a bayou or in a tropical rain forest with 100% humidity

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.