stephanie_koutsodendris

Need Kitchen Design Help ASAP!

Hi everyone! I am having such a hard time deciding on what countertop and backsplash selections go with the floor I chose. I would greatly appreciate any help.

The first photo are the wood look tile floor we chose with white cabinets and counter top is diamond chip. I need suggestions on whether this combination will look good, if we should do waterfalls or no waterfalls and whether we should carry diamond chip up as a backsplash or go with something else. The second photo is what the actual model home looks like. So that will be our kitchen style. Thank you!

Kommentarer (20)

• cpartist
    4 år sedan

You're not planning on mixing the calacutta and the diamond chip are you? Do not mix two different stones. One or the other.

Personally I think waterfall edges are a trend that are on their way out. If you love the look, go for it, but if not, no I wouldn't.

• everdebz
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Waterfall in visible veins are they... seem to add. But how contemporary will your lighting and furniture be? -- waterfall seems sort of contemporary.

I like idea for a simple and clean look of d.chip for backsplash.

• everdebz
    4 år sedan

if you want less a minimal look, could use that small area for a neutral, interesting tile.... and skip a wood-look floor. There are simpler.

• Stephanie Koutsodendris
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Hi! No we are not doing the Calacatta, it would only be the diamond chip for a counter. Would you suggest carrying the diamond chip up as a backsplash or doing a different backsplash?

• everdebz
    4 år sedan

What about a grey/beige/greige flooring - your floor color seems to warm the place - white sheen with it idk.

Chrome or satin nickel lighting is obvious as they say, but could mix other metal finishes for interest.

• cpartist
    4 år sedan

Hi! No we are not doing the Calacatta, it would only be the diamond chip for a counter. Would you suggest carrying the diamond chip up as a backsplash or doing a different backsplash?

I do like the diamond chip. It has a nice flow to it.

Both can work. What would you prefer?

I like a more traditional style personally so in my kitchen I decided not to carry my stone up the backsplash.

What about a grey/beige/greige flooring - your floor color seems to warm the place - white sheen with it idk.

The flooring is fine with her other choices. If she had chosen a real wood, chances are it would have been warm and that's what will move the kitchen away from the cold, gray look. I like the tile with your other choices.

Författare
    4 år sedan

Hi, yes we want to go with a warmer look which is why we chose the wood look tile. Thank you for your suggestions! I like a modern look but want to make sure carrying up the diamond chip wouldn’t clash with the cabinets.

If we wanted to do another backsplash, do you think any of these would look good? I’m open to any suggestions, it just has to be daltile since our builder won’t allow us to use anyone else. First snow by daltile is also an option.

• mountie
    4 år sedan

Do not use this busy linear tile. Do not use a stone. Choose a simple subway style tile in a grey matches the grey in the counter.

Författare
    4 år sedan

Hi! Do you mean like this? Sorry I am really bad at this.

• PRO
    Destijl Interiors
    4 år sedan

I agree with mountie, way too busy and you should keep it simple, clean and classic. It's a kitchen. White matte subway tile or a warm grey would be my choice with all the other shiny surfaces you've selected. Good Luck!

• cpartist
    4 år sedan

Or you could get a credit for the backsplash and choose what you want after you close. A backsplash isn't necessary to use a kitchen.

• everdebz
    4 år sedan

I know I know, I don't have much info of my own -- but is there an 'off' that the floor looks unreal -- enough so that it 'degrades' the counters?

• PRO
    Walczak Design And Build
    4 år sedan

Hi Stephanie: I believe Mountie is suggesting a white glazed porcelain subway tile like this image shown. You could carry the diamond chip up the backsplash. It seamless and easy to clean. I imagine the diamond chip is a bit more of an investment than a subway tile though. So if cost is a factor consider that. Best of luck!

Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you! That is really helpful. I appreciate all of the suggestions!

• PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    4 år sedan

Wood look tile is an excellent choice -- warm and homey, and so, so durable and easy to clean. There are different designs of the wood look tile, so you can choose between light and darker options; all have that warm look you're looking for. For backsplash, I would choose calm tones and simple appearance.

• PRO
    Walczak Design And Build
    3 år sedan

Excellent choices! I hope you are thrilled. It's beautiful!

• J Sk
    3 år sedan

Looks beautiful, could you pls share what is the countertop on the island?

• Judy Wear
    3 år sedan

Your kitchen looks amazing! I have always loved the waterfall on the island. Where are your cabinets from?

Författare
    3 år sedan

Thank you everyone! Yes, I couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! The counter and waterfalls are quartzite princess white from daltile. I highly recommend it! The cabinets are from Italkraft, high gloss Bianco Assoluto.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.