katie_key63

Help with Rug Placement, please. Also, does this new rug even match?

Katie Key
4 år sedan
senast redigerad:4 år sedan

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år sedan

Is this entry from outside or in an apartment . I think the rug doesn’t really work with the hall decor and I would look at something outside the door to collect most of the mud or dirt and keep the inside one much smaller and simple

• ctlane
    4 år sedan

You have beautiful floors but not really feeling the rug either direction. For size I think something that starts at the long wall and ends where the second doorway starts.

• Olychick
    4 år sedan

Try moving it all the way to the wall to the left. If it overhangs the open doorway shown, then it's too large to be placed there. It's not bad, but unless you love it, I think you could do better with something a bit more interesting.

• PRO
    nune
    4 år sedan

I prefer the second rug layout. It's a gracious entryway so it's nice to have the rug fill the space a bit more, plus you always want to give breathing room around a rug rather than squishing it up against a wall or piece of furniture.

We generally steer clear of light toned entry rugs for practical reasons so you may want to consider that. And lastly, a flat weave rug is more suitable for a space like this than a cut pile, which is what your rug appears to be (maybe I'm reading the images incorrectly?). They're more durable and easier to clean.

Katie Key thanked nune
  • PRO
    Kermans Flooring
    4 år sedan

You should take a look at our free area rug placement guide. You will find answers to finding the right size rug and learn how/where to place it to achieve the look you are looking for!

• Katie Key
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you for all the feedback. Very much appreciated. I’m going to return this rug and look for a square one as suggested. The rug is a lot prettier in person but as mentioned I don’t think a pile rug looks right. I will look for a flat rug. Thank you so much for all the tips.

• Brown Dog
    4 år sedan

I think you've made some great choices in your entry. And I think a square rug will work better than a rectangle. I would be mindful of the colour you chose though. The first rug that didn't work out was a similar tone to your tile floor and looked washed out. You'll have better luck if you choose a rug that is either darker than the tile or lighter.

• Katie Key
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you so much. I wish I could reply directly to your comments. Not sure how to. I plan on lowering the mirror because it was hung too high. It's just super heavy and waiting for my husband to come home to help. Great comment about the color-I agree with the rug looking washed out against the light tile. Do you have any specific rug I should buy? Thank you again so much.

• Katie Key
    Författare
    4 år sedan

And please excuse the console table. I'm waiting for decorations to arrive. I currently just placed some random items on it so it wasn't empty.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.