webuser_506946574

Need help with hardwood floors

Liz
4 år sedan

Our builder is offering us Bruce Dundee hardwood floors in natural, spice, butterscotch, gunstock and saddle . We like darker floors but are worried about maintaining it, we have 2 toddlers. Our kitchen cabinets are white with london grey quartz countertops. We are between gunstock and saddle. Any suggestions. Thanks

Kommentarer (9)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

I think the gunstock is a nice middle one.

of course darker floors will show hair and dust and footprints.

the saddle is also nice

I don't think there will much diff in upkeep between those two.

this one would show the least amount of junk. (it will still be there, obviously, you just won't see it as much) this is the natural

I hope they don't have a glossy finish on them

• Liz
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you Beth, this is helpful

• Jora
    4 år sedan

We have dark wood floors - just put them in all upstairs a few months back.

Installer said dark floors will show every spec of dust/hair/etc.

I'm a neat freak...and I don't have any issues with it getting dirtier than other flooring. :)

• PRO
    Oak & Broad
    4 år sedan

Look for a very light to medium colored finish that is low gloss if you want to be up to speed on wood floor trends.

• tlbb
    4 år sedan

We just replaced 1,500 sf of gunstock with the saddle. It's gorgeous! Not dark enough to show every speck, but dark enough to look more updated and modern. I highly recommend the saddle finish.

• PRO
    Kermans Flooring
    4 år sedan

Finding the best style of hardwood for your home can be challenging. If you want to learn more about your hardwood flooring options to make the best purchase for your home, take a look at our free hardwood flooring buyer's guide.

https://go.kermans.com/hardwood-buyer-guide

• Trinny
    4 år sedan

I am in the process having the Bruce Dundee Fulton installed in gunstock. I have to confess I'm a bit disappointed in the color. It seems to have an orange/red hue that I'm not crazy about. in hindsight I wish I'd gone with the spice.

I wish I could have found larger samples to look at before deciding. It's kind of ridiculous to choose a color based on a six-inch piece of wood that's pasted on a board next to a bunch of other samples.

It's already half installed, and I don't hate it enough to pay to rip it out. But my two cents is to consider something other than the gunstock.

• Liz
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Trinny, I agree making a decision based on a 6 inch sample is ridiculous .

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.