natalia_s

How to make entryway warm and inviting

Liya
4 år sedan

The new floor is in, the new baseboards are in, and the entryway has been painted (Sherwin-Williams Pediment in a matte finish). I put the old table and lamp back and - now what? How do I improve the space/decoration to make it warm and inviting? I know I need a rug, and I'm researching those now. I'm thinking something light in gray with blue accent colors? But what else can I do?

Kommentarer (271)

• Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

I'm leaning toward a 54" round counter height table and chairs, since our current table is counter height and we enjoy it. I'm thinking 1.5K or so for the budget.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 år sedan

Oh no....not a counter table..you need a regular height table with a beautiful new light...you already have a counter with stools!....

• Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Technically, the kitchen stools are at a bar-height counter. We tend to watch a lot of TV from the casual dining table, and with a normal height table and chairs you can't see over the sofa. (blush) Our current table is also counter-height and we've always loved it.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 år sedan

☹️ Nope still would advise against it..the furniture stores have loads of them..they are trying to get rid of...trend from the 90’s....Please think about it a bit more...maybe the TV needs to be hung up again but higher...from your image tv viewing seems fine??..don’t want to cause trouble...but please think more about it.

Liya thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år sedan

Gulp! People can’t give away these counter height tables. Don’t do it. See if you can sell set you have and get table height replacement. Better for your back too

Liya thanked Flo Mangan
  • Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

natalia's ideas · Mer info

I'm not terribly happy with it. The colors are more muted and lean more toward yellow to my eye, instead of gray/brown. Probably going to have to send it back.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år sedan

Wow! It looks beautiful to me and you can add any color in drapery or keep a monochromatic look! Great size too. Looks like you have chair push back space all around. Keeper.

Liya thanked Flo Mangan
  • Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Really? The top photo is the received art, and the bottom photo is a photoshop insert of the advertisement photo, and is what I was hoping it would look like.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 år sedan

Liya it has no color but it would work in your space...hmmm maybe do some soft color on drapes? Or just send it back.

• Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

We have decided to return it and look for something in a similar style (or even the same art) with a bit more color pop.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 år sedan

What do you think of this...it is extra large And so beautiful and contemporary for your room...... if you are keeping the rug this would be beautiful addition to the dining room.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år sedan

One more thought. If you do mire color in your rug, and you won’t change the rug for many years, be careful you don’t limit your choices for color and accessories in other elements. Your drapery might be a place to add pops of color. A soft color fabric with interesting leading edge trim can be very interesting.

Liya thanked Flo Mangan
  • Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

We are keeping the rug

• PRO
  • Liya
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Love the colors in the painting, but a little too abstract for me?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 år sedan

Few more some need to be framed...

• Molly
    4 år sedan

I considered using this source before I found the artist who did my painting. There are lots of choices and this is just an example. https://www.handmadepiece.com/the-great-boulevards-handmade-oil-painting-reproduction-on-canvas-by-artist-pierre-auguste-renoir.html

Liya thanked Molly
  • Liya
    Författare
    3 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 år sedan

I'm back, and continuing on the dining room decoration. I love this light fixture and 2 white chairs for the ends of the table and the picture (though the actual picture size is smaller that pictured here - 24x36). The question is the curtains. I love the darker solid color, and my husband likes the patterned, lighter one. Thoughts?

• Molly
    3 år sedan

I like the lighter. Have you ever considered adding some trim in a pattern on the leading ends to marry the 2 options? Kind of like this idea.

Liya thanked Molly
  • Molly
    3 år sedan

I forgot to say I like the picture and the head chairs, very nice.

Liya thanked Molly
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Make sure your head chairs are a bit taller than the side chairs to have a big impact in the room and not look dwarfed to your other chairs.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Vibrant wall art 48”x48”

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Liya did you check the height of those chairs...I think they will be too short compared to your side chairs?

love the art and drapes even just a solid silk grey would look gorgeous too...you want to be sure the ivory in the drapes works with fabric on head chairs...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I thought for sure by this time you had that dining room done! You can do it!😉🤣🤣🤣😊

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

43” is good and will work....but they will just look the same height as side chairs.......but something closer to 46” would look really great...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I would not get anything with nail-heads they are on the way out keep it classic timeless in design..just something to think about...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Have you liked any art that is horizontal? But oversized

• PRO
  • Liya
    Författare
    3 år sedan

I'm thinking about something like this instead of a regular mirror. If I put this on the large wall in the dining room, it reflects the Christmas Tree (that is in the entryway through the archway and opposite this wall) nicely during that season. Any thoughts?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I agree that mirror is way to busy with the chandelier but I love the drapes...you could change chandelier to something lighter more open..love the mirror! What is your table size?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Do you only want bronze finish on chandelier or could you do silver or gold?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Are you still getting those nailhead chairs..more pottery barn look? Or considering something taller no nail heads?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Maybe more elegant more open..?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    3 år sedan

I put a pair of those in our entryway in our last house and I loved them. I did have very high ceilings though. Check height, because as I recall they are quite overall tall. Not sure if your ceilings are high enough? I love that wall/mirror treatment. Are your walls flat? You need flat surface to be successful with application of those. I think they are cool. With your traditional furniture might be too contemporary? I like the drapes in your last mood board too.

Liya thanked Flo Mangan
  • Liya
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Flo - you're talking about the light, right? Our ceiling in that room is 9'.

I prefer bronze for the light fixture. The chairs you suggested HIWE look a bit too much like thrones for my taste. ;-) For the table, after the remodel we remove the leaf so it is now 67"x44"

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I would decide if you love the chandelier more than that detailed wall mirror..than it will be easier to pick another mirror or wall art...so pick chandelier and drapes than start on wall art...the chairs you picked work and go with the bronze And glass droplets PB chandelier So maybe decide that is what you want..it will make it easier to decide on wall decor..

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I remember that nice big mirror..why don’t you just use that..mixes well with your choice of chandelier and upholstered chairs

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

So would the only thing in the room with silver is the mirror?

• Liya
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Wall is grey, curtains are gray, which have silver like tones. But other than that, yep. The light fixture is 32" wide and 23" tall. As for the mirror, I thought maybe go with something lighter to brighten things up?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

What do you think of this style....keep the chairs but change out the chandelier to silver finish with more silver glam styled mirror...with the your gorgeous grey drapes.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

What do you think of these frameless mirrors?

• PRO
  • PRO
    Madcam Enterprises
    3 år sedan

I know this was posted a bit back (I just moved and have become obsessed with the forum). Have you thought of putting anything on the wall that you would face coming down the stairs? Perhaps a nice painting or a mirror?

www.homesweethomestore.com

Liya thanked Madcam Enterprises
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

This would drive me crazy!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Art is 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don’t mind the drapes fabric but grommets .....a big no with your traditional table and most likely they have silver grommets...that would drive me crazy too!

sorry but nothing is cohesive.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

So glad they are not silver! What color is your rod? Love the blue! What about doing the head chairs in the blue fabric?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

I really loved the more formal grey drapes in your mock up..so pretty.

.I would not hang grommet drapes in your traditional dining room..unless you are going more casual Pottery Barn look..but are you doing antique gold rod with those gold grommets? Lots to think about.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

That really is not the right blue with your rug.

Sorry I sound like a real downer!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Look for more traditional pillows in textures and muted colors like your rug..again Pottery Barn is your style...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    3 år sedan

Opps sorry that should just be a period not a question mark..

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.