myko92

Blank ideas for a blank wall

Mike Lopez
4 år sedan

Hello again,

Awhile back I posted a similar post asking if I should wainscot the wall. When I posted that it wasn’t the final table nor chairs and now that we have made the choice it’s definitely time to do something with the wall. We will be putting a bench on that side of the table so people would be leaning on the wall I would think, or at least that’s a possibility.
Thanks!

Kommentarer (30)

• calidesign
    4 år sedan

Get two more chairs so no one has to lean against the wall. No one would do that anyway, but benches are not comfortable seating, and just look odd. If you can't find the same chairs, use your black ones on the sides and get something similar for the table ends. For art, look for large pieces, either one, two or three, that provide some personality and reflect your interests.

Installation Views of Original Artwork · Mer info

• ilikefriday
    4 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 år sedan

Is it possible for you to swap the bench and the chairs so that the chairs are closest to the wall? Putting a bench next to the wall will make it look like you forgot to purchase the other two chairs.

• Mike Lopez
    Författare
    4 år sedan

I have not tried putting the chairs on that side of the wall. My concern is if there would be enough walking space between our counters. I will try

• calidesign
    4 år sedan

And also put the flatter table edge on the wall side so you can have it as close to the wall as possible.

• Mike Lopez
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Tried the chairs and does not work. We really aren’t wanting to push the table long the wall focal point into the room is the feature on the end of the wood as is.

• ilikefriday
    4 år sedan

I am not sure what you mean by your last post. None the less, I suggest adding a piece of art on the wall.

• PRO
  • ashtonchic
    4 år sedan

How about an upholstered banquette along the wall instead of a bench?

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    4 år sedan

I was going to recommend the upholstered banquette as well with artwork above it.

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    4 år sedan

The architecture wall feature suggested above would be striking. What do the adjacent spaces look like? Photos would be helpful.

• Mike Lopez
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Loving all the ideas! The wall feature is growing on me! The art is definitely an option. I added some photos of the surrounding area.

Jodie: The issue with the banquette is it would need to be no wider than 12inches for the seating. We are working with some tight space between the peninsula and table. I’ll add photos.

Beth: Thank you! Yes a local (Aurora IL) guy did it. His first table we were able to pick out the slab and all it was awesome we are very happy. We had no option but custom due to the size we have to work around.

• Mike Lopez
    Författare
    4 år sedan

We are also consider painting the chandelier black just waiting for the weather to turn so we can do it outside.

• ilikefriday
    4 år sedan

I think the chandelier will look much better after it is painted!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    4 år sedan

I like the black idea for the light.

I also think a black feature wall would look killer.

opposite of this look. (but I'd do the trim molding more like the upper ones I posted earlier)

Then I'd look into a rug.

But I also think an upholstered settee in a contrasting color would look great. example, maybe a white leather one w/nailheads against the black wall w/the geometric trim molding. something along this line

or a velvet one

or, just do the large piece of art w/a plant in the corner like they did.

• partim
    4 år sedan

Do I understand correctly that you are planning to have a 12" deep backless bench for seating? That will be very uncomfortable, and if it's what your considering then I suggest you try it out yourself first and be sure you can return it. I don't think you'll like it.

What is the distance between the edge of the table and the wall? Will someone be sitting at the notch in the table?

• WestCoast Hopeful
    4 år sedan

I would definitely have the live edge face the kitchen. It is the show stopper and is now hidden. Reconsider the chairs. Benches are so bad. How many people do you need to seat day to day? I suspect you can squeeze it in and make if work. Will look exponentially better. It's a stunning table but with a bench will look mismatched and unfinished.

• partim
    4 år sedan

In an earlier post you said the width of that space is 6'10'. So it will be hard to have seating on both sides of that table.

• calidesign
    4 år sedan

You can put two chairs on the backside, with the table placed as you have it now, and just keep the table as close as possible to the wall for everyday use. When you have extra people over, you can pull the table out for use. It's the only way it will look finished. I like the gold on the chandelier so you have something other than all black. Use black for the artwork frames. You can keep your modern design by using large art rather than a fussy gallery wall.

• PRO
    "Un air de Paris" PHOTO FOR WALL
    4 år sedan

I've got another idea with a large wall art of New York (If you don't like New York, I can show you other triptych !!)

I thought about a beautiful view, because when you cook, you can travel at the same time !!

New York triptych art link

• PRO
    User
    4 år sedan

Like others have suggested above, I would do a large piece of abstract modern art. These are from an artist on Etsy and her prices start at $200 and have an array of sizes to choose from. Her name is Leah Caylor Fine Art:

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    4 år sedan

Lots of options to decorate your large wall. Large statement piece of your favorite art, gallery wall of artwork, neutral or colorful would work. Custom mirrored wall or decorative mirror is another option. Stacking two or three mirrors horizontally would be a good look. in your space. I personally would leave the chandy as is as I like the metal contrast. Depends on the look you are going for. Do what you like.

• PRO
    1st Choice Custom Painting,llc
    4 år sedan

Add some shiplap up to around 56 inches high maybe like this pic we did for a client of ours

• PRO
  • Little Bug
    4 år sedan

I like the art pieces. I don‘t care for shiplap, not even in a farmhouse. Which your house doesn’t appear to be.

• WestCoast Hopeful
    4 år sedan

Agree shiplap is not inline with style of this home

• PRO
    NSR HANDCRAFTS
    4 år sedan

• Mike Lopez
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you everyone for the ideas! Will begin to shop some art and if we don’t see anything might give the accent wall a shot.

Planning on swapping the table so the live edge is at the entrance of the kitchen since it was suggested. Worth a shot and see how it works.

• PRO
    NSR HANDCRAFTS
    4 år sedan

That is 2ft wide by 4ft high, price is USD550 for a pair.

• PRO
    NSR HANDCRAFTS
    4 år sedan

USD980 for the three panels.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.