webuser_899129644

Kitchen cabinet hardware size

My lower cabinets are 34” and upper cabinets are 42”. Would you use the same size pulls on both? I’m thinking 6”. I was thinking knobs on the small drawers. Thoughts?

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Kitchen Art Design
    4 år sedan

Hi there,

I would say that a 6" handle would work fine for both base cabinet at 34" and the upper at 42", but but the only thing I raise some caution towards are the knobs on base cabinets. These are very easy to catch onto clothing. I would suggest maybe the same pull but a smaller size... maybe a 4", or even move into a cup pull?

Hope that helps. :)

• Houzz-ID: 899129644
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thanks! Knobs on the drawers on top of base cabinets tend to catch onto clothing?

• PRO
    Kitchen Art Design
    4 år sedan

I find that they do! I often have the problem of my cardigan/sweater pockets (that are bit more loose) always catch, as well as pant pockets. It might be my height, but I find it is a pretty common problem among our clients too.

• Houzz-ID: 899129644
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Good to know. Wouldn't have thought of that. Where is the best place to incorporate knobs? Smaller upper cabinets - like above a wine rack or refrigerator?

• PRO
    Kitchen Art Design
    4 år sedan

Absolutely! There is nothing wrong with having a bit of variety. Here is a kitchen that used different sizes of pulls, as well as knobs on the uppers.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.