frankycourt

Aga Elise Range, hard to find information and reviews

Meg J
4 år sedan

Hi I’m interested in the Aga Elise Range. Here are a few reason why I am interested in this range: it is 48” wide, 5 burners, 3 ovens, convection, duel fuel and reasonably priced. I’m suspicious because I don’t see much information or reviews on the internet. Looking for feed back - Thanks

Kommentarer (29)

• delray33483
    4 år sedan

that is definitely a niche, low volume range. It may be hard to find that much on that

my first concern is where is the service for this unit. everything breaks and with this unit no field service tech can just read the manual and it it going. If the sales company is close and has its own service force that is a big plus. Parts too. If not, I am getting twitchy

Meg J thanked delray33483
  • User
    4 år sedan

Looks over cooks. Form over function. Buy a Bluestar if you like to cook.

Meg J thanked User
  • delray33483
    4 år sedan

I looked at the AGA website - good looking units.

my advice is to call the service companies in your area (zip code search on the AGA website) and see what they think of the units. Since they don't sell them they may have an unbiased opinion of service records and what owners think

Meg J thanked delray33483
  • megs1030
    4 år sedan

I don't see many posts about AGA ranges on here, so not able to provide advice. Have you looked at a Lacanche? I don't know the price ranges for an AGA, and I'm guessing a Lacanche may be more, but worth a check.

Meg J thanked megs1030
  • Meg J thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • Meg J
    Författare
    4 år sedan

Thank you all for the feedback. I wish there was more more information and some guaranteed service providers in my area. It's a low volume range in USA so I'm going to look for something else.

• huruta
    4 år sedan

We have had our Lacanche Volnay for ~6 years and have been very happy with it. It's solid. I LOVE the oven size and function. It's beautiful, well made and can be very customized. Not sure how price compares to AGA.

• waverly6
    3 år sedan

I have just had my 48 inch Aga Elise induction installed. We are still mid reno so have not gotten seriously into cooking. S far, I have only used the induction cooktop twice but not the ovens yet. As.you are looking at gas, any thoughts i have won't be relevant to you yet. I will try the ovens out next week and report back. You are correct, here is very little information available. I bought mine sight unseen. So far, I will say, it is very beautiful and seems solid and well constructed.

• Tara Sumanaseni
    3 år sedan

I'm interested in the AGA Elise for all of the same reasons you mentioned. But likewise, I can't find hardly any information online, nor can I find one on display anywhere. I think I need to rule it out, which is a bummer. I'm now considering a Bluestar or the La Cornufe. Which range did you choose?

• G Indecisive
    2 år sedan

Jumping onto this discussion as we just finally purchased the Matte Black Elise 48 for our kitchen reno! It'll be another 5-6 weeks before we will be done, but I would love some ideas & suggestions for the range hood. Our kitchen will be a clean crisp white Shaker kitchen with calacatta countertops (white with the mid-large gray veining). I was afraid of the start contract of the matte black range, but I just went for it...b/c I am a White-Black color combo lover for everything. BUT I'm stuck about the range hood - stainless or black? I was afraid a giant 4 foot monster on my wall in my white kitchen will be a bit jarring...and since all/most my other appliances are stainless. Stainless or black?

I saw some photos of other houzzers and bloggers...and see a mix of black & stainless. But seems the ones that went black hood also did black/dark countertops...Please help!

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

I think something to be considered is the dimensions of your kitchen and whether it will be overwhelming for the size. My kitchen wall is so long and the ceilings so high that the 48 inch range looked small snd unbalanced . So I painted the adjoining cabinets the same blue so that it was more in proportion to the height.
    Secondly, what is your backsplash.
    Thirdly what is your hardware finish. That being said, I think you are making a statement with the range ; it’s contrast and just the beauty of it overall. It’s a statement range. I’d go for the full impact and do the full effect. Hopefully your backsplash is light too. I’d go for a black hood with stainless /chrome accents ( like strips and rivets ).

• G Indecisive
    2 år sedan

@waverly6 thank you so much for yuur thoughts. the wall with the range is almost 21 ft and is cenetered on that wall and ceiling height is 9ft There is an island in front, that I had been debating to do in black cabinets (before I bought the aga black range). I will need to decide what to do with the island color based on these decisions!

Backsplash will definitely be in the white family - still haven’t decided on what, and I’m even considering making the final decision after the countertops go in.

Hardware is another undecided. (Ha! Can you tell I’m overwhelmed with the decisions?!) I had dreamt of going bold and doing gold for the cabinet hardware, but I know I will still stick with “silver” (whether brushed nickel, chrome or polished nickel) for faucet…and. I wonder if gold hardware conflicts with all the other stainless steel in the kitchen. But I do love it whenever I see inspiration photos.

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

Personally I like the island done in the same color as the range. My range doesn’t have an island in front of it so it’s very visible from most parts of the room.
    I was also concerned about the mix and match of gold and silver but it’s everywhere and everyone does it. I stayed with chrome because I wanted long handles and couldn’t find what I wanted in gold and everything I have is stainless or chrome or pewter and I thought it would be just bowing to a trend to drop in gold handles.

• G Indecisive
    2 år sedan

@waverly6 Thanks for confirming island same color as range will be good...and for sharing your experience with hardware decisions.

One more question that I'd love another opinion on. Thoughts on black dishwasher? It's a double-drawer dishwasher... So here's the flow of the appliances. Just a reminder that we will have all white shaker cabinets, with white calacatta countertops with medium-large grey veins...and now :) the black island. envision U layout starting left to right.

Left wall: large 42" stainless steel fridge

Main wall: 24" stainless steel wine refrigerator at the left end of the wall --> center matte black AGA Elise range with probably a black hood

Right wall (the sink wall): Dishwasher to the right of the sink - THIS: Black OK? Or do we really have to do Stainless?

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

@ghol my gut reaction, both in reading the description and seeing your schematic diagram is that a black dishwasher will be fabulous. I think it gives you a continuity and your eye has a flow around your kitchen.
    Also from a practical standpoint, can I tell you how much I hate my stainless refrigerator and dishwashers? They show every fingerprint, drip, scratch, speck of dust.. I am always cleaning them. In my other house , I have paneled dishwashers and refrigerators and they are a pleasure. Yes the dark color will show up dust as well but just judging from my blue Aga, not as much .
    In the first week, I had some drips down my Bosch stainless steel dishwasher drawer. I took the green part of a scrubby sponge to clean it. Now I have horrible scrapes/smears on that door. Permanent ones.
    To get back to your diagram, are the thicker black lines on some cabinet units or doors black accents? If so, I love that.I think on the dishwasher wall, if that left hand unit is shelving or cabinets in black, I think it visually balances the black dishwasher drawers beautifully.

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

And in looking at your diagram, I would definitely do the black hood. With some stainless banding ( horizontal accents. to tie in with the stainless/ chrome horizontal lines of the Aga.
    I don’t know why Aga doesn’t make a matching hood.

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

The gold pulls in the above would also look amazing. And I love this faucet.

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

And one more post for GHol. Here is a link to my Aga review and a pic of my kitchen buried in the comments

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5948983/review-and-first-thoughts-on-aga-48-inch-elise-induction-range

• G Indecisive
    2 år sedan

@waverly6 Thank you for staying with me 😀 the black dishwasher was starting to jive with me but DH doesn’t like it…although he also downs like the black island. And thanks for the reminder/callout on the challenges with stainless steel.

For the range hood, exactly what you describe sounds amazing. Sadly, everything is out of stock and on back order…and being also budget-minded, I may have to end up with a Zline all black. Still looking though.

For the thick black lines…no, sadly that’s just the markings to notate the corner cabinets. So it’s essentially the part that will be covered by the adjoining 90 degree wall cabinets. But above the DW will be 3 same length floating shelves. Just need to figure out stain color based on my horrendous other dilemma of wood flooring color in the house. LOL

and WOW! that kitchen is GORGEOUS! wish i could do that with my windows and some of the cabinets…

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

Once you have finalized your decisions, it will come together and be fabulous.

• G Indecisive
    2 år sedan

And i just dug into the othet thread and OMG Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean what is the fabulous backsplash?

I’ll have to read that whole thread when I have time.

• cbluth
    2 år sedan

I actually just made a post about this range. We have it and to look at it is beautiful. We have gloss black with induction top. The induction top has been great. The oven for meats has also been great. Baking has been a total disaster. Not a single recipe is coming out as it used to in my previous DCS range. If anyone has suggestions please send them my way!! I’m about to put a second kitchen in my basement :-/

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

Which oven do you use for meats?
    I am finding that there is a definite learning curve involved with baking things. I don’t think I have mastered it yet.
    I have been doing baking in convection mode I do find I have to look up what the pictographs mean each time as I don’t use the oven enough. ) I tend to use my combi steam and countertop ovens more ). I definitely have to reduce the temperatures in the aga. in fact. I was thinking I have to check the oven temperatures again with a thermometer.
    I

• Carla Luther
    2 år sedan

So I’ve tried both pretty unsuccessfully for baking. For meats we’ve been using the “main cavity” or the true European convection oven with great success. But I find that it’s easier to check meats with a thermapen along the way then it is with baking. I’ve been using the other oven, the multi setting, for baking and have tried a variety of heating choices with really no success. The cookies don’t spread…they tend to puff up and dry out. I bake frequently but am not an experienced baker in the sense that I know how to properly adjust for this. I’m not sure if it’s a recipe adjustment as so far my attempts to adjust heat/time have been unsuccessful.

• waverly6
    2 år sedan

I’ll try use mine more and not only test and research, but make notes as I do.

• Carla Luther
    2 år sedan

@waverly6 definitely keep me posted!! And I’ll try to do the same. I read a little about these cool plates? I’m going to check into that as well

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.