hayley_weeks22

How can we wrap our porch columns?

Hayley
3 år sedan

We are about to replace the deck boards and railing on our front porch. It is structurally sound, but some of the boards are rotting and it is an eyesore. We will not be painting or staining the wood and the current posts are painted white so I wanted to rewrap them to match everything. The current posts are 8x8's wrapped in plywood which I don't really like the look of. The issue: our posts are set flush with the edge of the deck. We have no extra room at all. Aside from redesigning our front porch, does anyone have any ideas? Pressure treated plywood is the only thing that we have been able to come up with.

Kommentarer (2)

• Hayley
    Författare
    3 år sedan

• PRO
    Peter B. Rice & Co
    3 år sedan

When you install the new decking make sure that the decking over hangs the edge of the deck by 3/4" or 1". It appears that your current deck is installed flush to the edge of the framing. Having this 3/4" - 1" overhang should allow you re wrap you support posts and avoid the wrap hanging over the deck. Rather than PT ply you can use a composite trim wrap. They make these for 8x8 posts. Or use a 1/2" thick 4'x8' composite sheet or PT ply. Rip it into the strips wide enough to cover each side of the post. That will maybe leave you 1/4" to add the base trim block.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.