webuser_476360999

need container plant recs for covered porch

Niki Rann
3 år sedan

Hi! I live in Austin, and I’m looking for a plant (or two) that I can put in these cement pots. They’re never in Direct sunlight but they do get indirect sunlight/partial shade. I’m looking for something that can stay out most of the year. won’t die in the winter (or look wilted and sad). I’d still bring it in if it’s going to freeze. It’s a tall order and I haven’t been able to find anything that fits the bill. I know someone brilliant out there can recommend something :)

Kommentarer (4)

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    3 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 år sedan

I put some very small versions of evergreen conifers in mine. One tall one and three spillers. They lasted several years before they were too big for the pot and lack of water did them in. I added some annuals inbetween. I can't remember the varieties off hand, but they were ones that if you walked into a big box and picked up a little one, there you had it!

ETA: One Leyland Cypress and three blue rug junipers. All were the little starter plants.

• Christopher CNC
    3 år sedan

Asparagus Fern, Ponytail Palm, Aglaonema, Angelwing Begonia, Spathiphyllum, Boston Fern ....... Think house plant.

• PRO
    Dig Doug's Designs
    3 år sedan

Variegated Aspidistra

• PRO
    Jill Davis Design
    3 år sedan

I am a garden designer but I live in Illinois- so I am not sure about Austin- however if you buy what is perennial in Austin you will not have to move it in and out if there is a freeze. Just make sure your container is bigger than the plant. Maybe find a small ornamental grass.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.