zimmer5912

I’m looking for a natural gas fire bowl to put on composite deck?

zimmer5912
3 år sedan

I’m building a house now. I have the option to run a natural gas line under the trex decking to the middle of the deck for a fire pit. I don’t want a table, I’d like a 36 inch round fire pit. Are there any that are appropriate for use on composite decking? I’ve looked at a lot of them in line but it’s never clear if they’d be ok in a deck?

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 år sedan

There really is no reason for it to be an issue since there are no sparks .

• zimmer5912
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thanks for responding! I understand that there won’t be sparks... I should have clarified my concern. Specifically, I’m worried about the base getting too hot and damaging the deck. I’d prefer not to have to put pavers or something down under it. I really like the fire Pit Art Crater pit. It has a natural gas version but I’ve no idea how hot the base would get? I called the company and (probably for liability) they were non-commital.

• zimmer5912
    Författare
    3 år sedan

Thank you!

• PRO
    TREX COMPANY INC
    3 år sedan

Hello and thank you for choosing Trex. Firepits are safe to use over our decking but we highly recommend having a barrier below, such as the Deck Protect system, which prevents there being to much heat coming in contact with the decking material. Deck Protect comes in a number of different shapes and sizes to fit most firepits, which can be found online at deckprotect.net. If you have further questions, please feel free to call us at 800.289.8739. Kindly, Trex Customer Care

• PRO
    Forest Fence & Deck Company Ltd.
    3 år sedan

Great....Thanks

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.