kbuescher

Bronze, gold, polished nickel, brushed nickel, black...what to choose?

kbuescher
2 år sedan

Our house is 3 levels. 2 levels have bronze metal finishes. The other level is brushed nickel.

I’m replacing the towel holder, etc in a half bathroom. It is on a floor that is all bronze. Do I stay with bronze? I’ve heard that bronze isn’t cool anymore. Is that true? If it is true, should I go with brushed nickel to match the remainder of the house?

I don’t think I can do gold. It looks pretty in pictures, but I don‘t think it is for me. I love black, but with our crazy hard water (even with a water softener), I think the faucets would like terrible.

I have also heard that polished nickel isn’t cool anymore. True?

Kommentarer (9)

• Jen K (7b, 8a)
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

The only person that's going to notice any of this is you. Oil rubbed bronze is cool. Brushed nickel is cool. Gold is cool.

You can mix and match finishes.

Have fun picking out what you like and not what other people think is cool. Among your friends you're already cool because you've been able to buy a home.

kbuescher thanked Jen K (7b, 8a)
  • acm
    2 år sedan

Especially in a powder room -- that's often a place to have a little personality, to experiment, to do something different. Don't be constrained by fixtures you can't even see from there!

• Elena S
    2 år sedan

I agree with the previous posters. Just make all the fixtures on each floor match if you care. Go nuts in your powder room. We did a green bright green vanity with brass fixtures and wallpaper to tie it all together.

• kbuescher
    Författare
    2 år sedan

You guys are correct. I am becoming paralyzed over immaterial details. This half bath is in my son’s bedroom. So hardly anyone is going to see it.

• PRO
    Lawrence's English Garden
    2 år sedan

What is Function Best , as some Blacks & so Called Bronze are Actually Baked on Power Coats at Best and NOT a Black Chrome of True Bronze , so Dam Old Chrome & Satin Nickle Hold Up Super Long . . that said Life time Fixture like Moen's are Better . . as Keep Parts for Life Time

Literately a Life Time !

• calidesign
    2 år sedan

I'd use brushed nicle or brushed chrome with hard water. Much easier to maintain.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    2 år sedan

IMO bathrooms attached to bedrooms should have the same color choices for both spaces and that is driven by the bedding

• kbuescher
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Driven by the bedding...interesting. I change bedding occasionally, but rarely change hardware.

The hardware in the bedroom consists of bronze for 3 doors.

• kariyava
    2 år sedan

Use what you like and what looks nice with what is already in the bathroom itself.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.