webuser_832889051

Bertazzoni MAST365INMXE 36" induction range problems.

We purchased and installed a new Bertazzoni MAST365INMXE induction range earlier this year. (I am a general contractor and have remodeled many kitchens.) We have had nothing but problems since the day we hooked it up. Heat to pans is inconsistent with hot and cold spots (see photos), bridge feature is inconsistent, burners turn off by themselves, oven rack tilts forward when pulled out causing potential spillage when basting or removing food. The local Bertazzoni rep sent out a third party appliance repair person who confirmed the issues but was unable to fix them due to lack of ability and Bertazzoni wouldn't authorize the work. He spoke to the Bertazzoni rep on speaker while we were there. The rep was quite rude and refused to address our issues. We contacted Bertazzoni national rep, in Florida, and were assured that our issues would be prioritized. We did this three times, the most recent was over month ago, with no action or contact by Bertazzoni. Needless to say, we are quite upset.

Kommentarer (45)

• User
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

It’s Bertazzoni. Lower your expectations. 😕 Reading all of the bad reviews possibly would have saved you from buying it. At least this might help someone else in the future.

At this point, disputing the charge in the credit card might work if the original store won’t refund you. But get them involved first. They should be acting as your advocate in this.

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked User
  • Houzz-ID: 832889051
    Författare
    2 år sedan

I've installed Bertazzoni gas ranges for clients with no issues. We visited a showroom in San Francisco and used an induction range and it seemed to work fine. Reviews for induction ranges, in general, are few and far between. Consensus seemed to be that Bertazzoni product support had been sketchy in the past, but that they had made strides in improving it. Not apparent to us, unfortunately. As with many things these days, warranty issues are outsourced and retail outlets just pass you on to the manufacturer. Very frustrating. Thanks for the credit card suggestion.

• lucky998877
    2 år sedan

Would the retailer let you make an exchange for a gas one, especially since you are a contractor and will be a returning customer?

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked lucky998877
    Författare
    2 år sedan

I doubt it. Days are long gone when the customer came first, unfortunately. Retailer would have to eat the cost of this range. Also, we really want an induction range for a number of reasons. They are immensely popular in Europe, so there shouldn't be a problem with the induction technology. Gas stoves are not good for your health as there is carbon monoxide produced from the combustion, as well as climate considerations from production and delivery of natural gas. Our City is going all electric to meet reduction goals by 2030. We want to be part of that. Bertazzoni is missing out on real potential opportunity as induction gains favor this side of the Atlantic, if they lose respect for their brand due to lack of product support.

• Shannon_WI
    2 år sedan

As a long-time member of this forum, I have been reading about Bertazzoni complaints on here for years. There is one thread that has 600+ comments on it for the last 8 years or something like that. My point being that Bertazzoni not caring about its customers is a long-standing tradition with them, they have not improved over the years, but their builds have worsened in quality, and anything with complex electronics has been their Achilles heel to begin with (they initially were known for their pared-down no-electronics gas ranges which were actually pretty good, but that was like 10 years ago). What Bertazzoni is good at is a snazzy look.

Can you invoke the lemon law in your state?

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

I understand that the two right-hand elements can be bridged but it's not clear to me that induction power will be evenly distributed across the combined element. Have you put a thin layer of water in a flat-bottom pan and placed the pan on each element plus the bridged element to see how the power is distributed? I don't know what the blue pan is supposed to illustrate.

The black pan in the second photo looks bent. Are the bottoms of all pans completely flat?

Författare
    2 år sedan

Pans are all flat. (Seriously?) Yes, i have put water in a pan. See photo.

Författare
    2 år sedan

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

Bertazzoni Induction Element

LG Induction Element

Perhaps a Bertazzoni induction element is composed of two semi-circles rather than a single circle like that of the LG range. That would explain the two gaps highlighted by the red line. It would be interesting to perform the same test on all three round Bertazzoni elements and to get photos from another Bertazzoni range owner for comparision.

Författare
    2 år sedan

There is only one photo showing a pan on the bridge elements (the first one) if you care to look. Local Berta rep confirms you somewhat about the bridge element, saying that pan needs to be at least 12" diameter for the bridge element to be effective. Trust me, we've tried many pans and configurations on all elements, with much the same result. Putting the blue pan on the bridge elements was just our final effort to get uniform heat to a pan, whatever size. Outlines on range top are ambiguous and this still doesn't account for uneven heating in pans, shown elsewhere. Blue pan is nominally 12", with 9 1/2" flat base in contact with range top. The rectangle of the bridge element is roughly 9 1/4" wide. Two larger round elements measure 9" in diameter. Point is, burners do not provide evenly distributed heat to any pan. You have to constantly move food to hot spots to cook it.

If you purchased this stove, where would you think you would get heat?

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

"Trust me, we've tried many pans and configurations on all elements, with much the same result."

You need to perform five boiling-water-in-pan tests at high power, one on each element. That's the only way you will know the sizes, shapes, and locations of the induction elements underneath the black glass.

"Putting the blue pan on the bridge elements was just our final effort to get uniform heat to a pan, whatever size."

Nope. It doesn't work that way. Bridging just turns on the two elements and lets you simultaneously control the power of both elements. It doesn't change the sizes, shapes, or locations of the two elements. It does not expand the the surface area of the elements. It doesn't magically change the elements to form a rectangle.

"Local Berta rep confirms you somewhat about the bridge element, saying that pan needs to be at least 12" diameter"

Yup, so the pan is large enough to cover at least portions of the two bridged elements.

"If you purchased this stove, where would you think you would get heat?"

Performing the tests described above is the only to know where the "heat" is. The outlines on the glass don't tell you anything about the actual elements.

Författare
    2 år sedan

wd, I'm sure this is good forensic advice, but when purchasing an appliance, one doesn't presume to put pans of water on each element to see where heat is applied. It is implicit in the sales of induction ranges, including Bertazzoni, that there is heat produced to the pan over the entire element. I have researched other induction ranges and all sales brochures mention that there is heat to the entire outlined element. I am not looking for a map for my pans. I am looking for a range top which provides even heat to the bottom of a given pan. This is what any cook wants and expects. Quoting from the Bertazzoni owner's manual: "The bridge mode allows to use (sic) the 2 right-side cooking zones as a single cooking zone." That's it, nothing more. So whether you are correct or not, the owner's manual clearly states otherwise. Look, I'm done debating the issues around the bridge mode. If that was the only issue, we probably would be happy with the Bertazzoni range for the most part. There are too many other issues which make this a poor appliance to cook on. Maybe this one is a lemon. I don't know. In any case Bertazzoni's response is severely lacking and I would recommend against anybody buying an appliance from them.

• PRO
    Bertazzoni
    2 år sedan

Hi @Houzz-ID: 832889051, we apologize for this inconvenience and are committed to making sure you receive assistance. Would you please provide us via direct message with your Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Product Model Number, Place of Purchase, Date of Purchase, Location, Issue, and Who you have been speaking with at the after-sales service team so we may look into your case? From there we can help you get repair help. Thank you, The Bertazzoni Team

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

"It is implicit in the sales of induction ranges, including Bertazzoni, that there is heat produced to the pan over the entire element."

Nope, you assumed that.

"I have researched other induction ranges and all sales brochures mention that there is heat to the entire outlined element."

Nope.

"I am not looking for a map for my pans."

Then you won't know where the induction elements are.

"Quoting from the Bertazzoni owner's manual: 'The bridge mode allows to use (sic) the 2 right-side cooking zones as a single cooking zone.' That's it, nothing more. So whether you are correct or not, the owner's manual clearly states otherwise."

Yup, it's a single cooking zone for control purposes.

Författare
    2 år sedan

I have responded to Bertazzoni per above. We’ll see what transpires.

• Danielle Gottwig
    2 år sedan

Let us know how this goes, Hu. I'm interested in the Bertazonni induction ranges, and am comparing them to other choices available in my very slow preparation for a future renovation.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with questions.

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked Danielle Gottwig
  • Brown Hound
    2 år sedan

I just bought the 30" version of this range. One of our burners is showing E9 and won't work, it was delivered with this issue. We bought local but the dealer/service center won't return our calls and we had to go there in person to get any attention. We also reached out to Bertazzoni and are waiting for a response beyond an automated email.

I got better service from Home Depot when I bought a washing machine, believe it or not.

It's too bad because the oven kicks ass and the range is built like a tank.

I'll do your boiler tests and post back here to compare.

(edit) here’s a cast iron pan, nice even boil in a ring. The boil eventually spread out and the center spot reduced to the size of a quarter

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked Brown Hound
  • Danielle Gottwig
    2 år sedan

Thanks for reporting in, Brown Hound. Good to hear you like the oven performance. How do the not-broken elements cooktop elements perform? As a potential buyer, I'll be interested to hear if you get a timely response and good outcome for servicing that E9 error.

Hu, did you ever get a response?

Författare
    2 år sedan

They sent a third party appliance repairman out. He had been out before. There has been no resolution. Bertazzoni steadfastly maintains that the burners are operating as they should. Our opinion is they do not work as represented by Berta reps before we bought the range. Other manufactureres advertise full heat in pan across entire surface in contact with the rangetop. This is not the case with ours on any of the burners. We are going to take our case to the retailer. We are not happy.

• moosemac
    2 år sedan

While I cannot address the issues you are having, I have the exact same induction range. It was installed in November 2019. I have not had any of the issues you are having. In fact, I love my Bert range. Sorry you are having issues.

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked moosemac
    Författare
    2 år sedan

So Brown, you say the boil spread out. Do you think you were ultimately getting heat to all parts of the pan where in contact with the cooktop?

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

"Other manufacturers advertise full heat in pan across entire surface in contact with the rangetop."

You are saying that the induction elements have the same dimensions (diameter, if round) as the markings on the stove top, correct? For example, an 11" diameter circle has an 11" element beneath it, correct? Please provide example(s) of manufacturers that advertise this.

Författare
    2 år sedan

Brown, It does doesn’t do that on ours. Glad it works for you.

WD, GE says that. Thermador makes an induction top which recognizes the pan shape anywhere on the glass top. Why put those markings on the cooktop if not to indicate pan size and heated area? You can look it up yourself. Do you work for Bertazzoni? Have a financial interest in Bertazzoni products? Just clarifying your interest in this conversation.

Författare
    2 år sedan

From GE. See paragraph about pan size. https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17368

I know I've seen more specific info. I’ll try and find it. We asked the specific question about heat below the pan(s) when researching. We were assured unequivocally that heat was consistent to all parts of the pan in contact withe stove.

Författare
    2 år sedan

If any of you really want to get down in the weeds, this site explains induction technology as well as anything I’ve seen. https://theinductionsite.com/how-induction-works.php

• Danielle Gottwig
    2 år sedan

I don't know - this is a purely speculative point - but it might be useful to distinguish between the question "Does the entire area within the element boundaries heat up?" and the question "Does the element provide even heat to a pan whose size matches the element width?

I don't know about induction or old school smoothtops (I haven't owned one), but electric coils and gas have "rings" where heat is produced, and that's not typically a problem. The elements produce enough energy across a pan bottom (provided the pan is a reasonable size relative to the element) that the cooking vessel is going to heat appropriately.

Personally, I don't really care if the entire element heats up - but I do care if a 7" or 8" pan (or a little wider) heats well on top of an element that is drawn in such a way as to suggest I should put a 7-8"+ pan on top of it.

Houzz-ID: 832889051 thanked Danielle Gottwig
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Yes. Seems logical to want evenly dispersed heat throughout the pan.

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

@Brown Hound: "here’s a cast iron pan, nice even boil in a ring. The boil eventually spread out and the center spot reduced to the size of a quarter"

The grey area is the size of the induction element beneath the glass. Its diameter is smaller than that of the circle drawn on the cooktop. The heat was then distributed -- "spread out" -- by the pan.

"Why put those markings on the cooktop if not to indicate pan size and heated area?"

The induction elements are of several sizes. They are not necessarily the same diameter as the markings on the glass.

"From GE. See paragraph about pan size. https://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=17368"

That does NOT say that the diameters of the induction and the "cooking circle" are the same.

"We asked the specific question about heat below the pan(s) when researching. We were assured unequivocally that heat was consistent to all parts of the pan in contact witthe stove."

People can say anything. That doesn't make it true.

Författare
    2 år sedan

WD, I leave you to it. This is not Lancet or the New England Journal of Medicine, demanding peer review and footnotes. It is a forum. I have stated my opinion here about sales, representation of product and product support and my expectations about a $7000 range. I don't care to argue with you about the finer points. Obviously, you have a different opinion of what comprises a top notch range, product support and what a cook should expect from same. Let's leave it that we disagree, shall we?

Författare
    2 år sedan

https://cookeryspace.com/do-induction-cooktops-heat-evenly/

From the link included here: "When using induction cookware on the induction hob, the cookware itself becomes the heat source, and so all the base that is in touch with the induction heats evenly...You do not have to move around your pan following the flame to get maximum heat at all corners... All of it heats up quickly within seconds.The only requirement is for the cookware to be ferromagnetic and have a flat base. A flat base enables electromagnetic induction to take place evenly. Also, the base dimensions of pots and pans should be according to the heating zone dimensions or one inch larger for even heat distribution. Magnetic stainless steel, cast iron, or aluminum encapsulated stainless steel works quite well giving you even heating all across the cookware."

Författare
    2 år sedan

This is what I've found:

There is a lot of discussion/confusion, online, about how induction works- distribution of heat, efficacy of various brands and material and size of pans. Theoretically, the magnetic coil should provide a field under the pan which heats the entire pan. This is not always the case, as with my Bertazzoni. People suggest pre-warming your pan to equalize heat distribution. I think it's interesting that Brown Hound found the heat to distribute itself after a few minutes. I'm guessing that is the pan equalizing as heat radiates from the center, over the hob. So pans matter. Each appliance brand probably has different size hobs and will heat differently. Thicker pans will distribute heat more evenly. We have Le Creuset, which are supposed to be among the best. I've read that cast iron heats unevenly. I don't have an opinion on that. I'll be interested to hear your experiences. Fact remains, we can't cook items like eggs in a pan without redistributing multiple times while cooking. Seems wrong to me. Other than posting herein that they are concerned (see above) Bertazzoni has not responded other than to send out a third party repair technician, who had no particular experience with induction. Other than that, crickets.

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

"I have stated my opinion here about sales, representation of product and product support and my expectations about a $7000 range."

Thanks for making clear its an opinion.

Författare
    2 år sedan

I would think that was self-evident. Surprised you need that clarified. I would think you might have something better to do with your time than troll Houzz, looking for arguments, but I guess it takes all kinds. Maybe you want to get out and take in a matinee or something.

• wdccruise
    2 år sedan

Just don't state opinions as facts and you'll be fine.

• Ernie Fausto
    2 år sedan

I also have the E9 issue since it was installed. I've reached out to bertazonni with no luck. The other burners work great for 10 min then the whole stove top shuts off. Oven works great. We are cooking on a air fryer and instant pot for the last few years. Let's just say someone is not happy with me for picking bertazonni.

• PRO
    Bertazzoni
    2 år sedan

Hi @Ernie Fausto, We are sorry to hear you are having an E9 error issue with your induction burner. Would you please provide us with your Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Product Model Number, Place of Purchase, Date of Purchase, Location, Issue, and Who you have been speaking with at the after-sales service team via direct message so we may look into your case? Thank you, The Bertazzoni Team

• Brown Hound
    2 år sedan

Following up: the local dealer is terrible at communicating (they have staffing issues, like everywhere, but it’s still frustrating after spending this kind of $) but after I made a few calls to Bertazzoni, the company contacted our dealer. The entire cooktop was replaced about a week later. It works fine now. I’m crossing my fingers that it continues to work, and that if it does break my dealer is still in business.

• Caro Murr
    2 år sedan

I purchased a 30 in prof Bertazzoni induction stove three weeks ago and the stove doesn't work -- thermometer doesn't work, temperature controls don't work, won't maintain heat, and a couple times woudn't even turn off. Last week it SHOCKED me twice. I called the local dealer where i purchased it within a week and they said tough luck it was non-returnable, but they would file a service charge. Umm what?? Haven't heard from Bertazzoni and its been 3 weeks. I am literally in shock that after spending $5,000 i have an orange piece of junk in my kitchen. I am reaching out to the Attorney General and my credit card company.

• HU832889051
    2 år sedan

Our local distributor (not Bertazzoni) has agreed to take our unit back and refund us.

• Wilma
    2 år sedan

becareful if you are purchasing a bertazonni bc it might sound like this.

• Shanelle Castaneda
    förra året

We bought ours 6 months ago and the induction too started showing E6 error. non of the elements work now.

Anyone know what E6 error means? You would think there would be a list of error codes somewhere….

• Katie Fischer Cohen
    8 månader sedan

I completely agree! The Bertazonni induction range PORF304INSXT is complete waste of money. I've had one for about two years and I'm waiting on the fourth service appointment. There's an issue with the food probe and we've gone months without a functioning oven. On the rare occasion that the oven does work, it's incredibly loud. Do not purchase this item.

Författare
    8 månader sedan

It's a year later. Our rep took back the Bertazonni and refunded us the full cost of the range. We purchased a 36" Wolf induction, waited almost a year for delivery and are now the happy owners of that range. (He provided us with a GE 30" electric stove for $130 to use in the interim.) The Wolf meets all our expectations and is obviously very well built. Oven racks glide and are solid, cook top is responsive and heat is significantly better distributed than the old Bert. The oven cooling fan on the Bertazonni was loud, the Wolf we can barely hear. The Wolf costs 2x the Bertazonni and took a lot of time to arrive, but with all said and done, we are happy.

• Katie Fischer Cohen
    8 månader sedan

Thanks for this input. I'm really wishing we had purchased the Wolf instead!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.