brittanysnydermallory

Patio concrete slab advice

Hello! Looking for advice related to this small awkward concrete slab. I am getting the rest of the patio sealed and can get the slab painted/sealed as well - which I think would at least help it blend better. I was thinking a shade of white. Also generally not sure how to use this space. I have other spaces for outdoor dining and an outdoor sectional. Thank you!

Kommentarer (5)

• S Rodriguez
    2 år sedan

If it is a different height than the patio you would want it to be a contrasting color so people dont trip over it or misstep stepping down. Make it clear that it is a different height.

• brittanysnydermallory
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Thank you that’s a good point - but do you have any suggestions on color?

• PRO
    Derviss Design
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

Those one step down set ups are bonafide tripping hazards. Creating a contrasting but integrated look is going to be your best bet .

You can achieve this by introducing a modern look by covering the concrete with a hardwood like deck landing ( ipe wood or the like) .

Or you could use a hybrid of materials such as using the same stone on the field of the landing and a strong constrasting accent at the edge of the one step riser.

I believe that simply painting the full area an analogous color, such as the white or creme color, is not going to provide you with a enough contrast to allow the eye to pick up that there is single step downward. A banding of contrasting material or color is needed at the edge to alert the brain into registering the grade change.

A tricky challenge for sure. Best of luck.

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

I agree with Derviss - this is an ankle-breaker. Box it over, as he/she suggested, with wood that matches the privacy fence I see in the background.

• kathleen MK
    2 år sedan
    1. As a crazy plant lady, I would say add a planter/ bench on the short end and add plants and maybe big pots. Bench could be a storage deck box for towels or just a fence wood box to hold self-watering planting tubs with easy care herbs or succulents. Then do the wood as Derviss suggest.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.