pixelraptor

Design help for bedroom with off-center windows

Lisa
2 år sedan
senast redigerad:2 år sedan

SOS!
We centered the bed against a long wall of the bedroom. On one side of the bed is a shuttered window, and on the other is a blank wall. What should I do to achieve a balanced look?
The room is approximately 11' x 13' with 8' ceilings. The rug is cream-colored with a light brown, gray, and blue design.
As you can see, the room is bare. The bedding is just old blankets.

Kommentarer (11)

• Carrie B
    2 år sedan

I would move the bed to the right, leaving about a 36" walkway. Then add bedside tables to either side (I'm not much one for matching, but matching or not will do.)

Lisa thanked Carrie B
  • Susan
    2 år sedan

Similar to Carrie B…center the bed on the wall space.

Lisa thanked Susan
  • njmomma
    2 år sedan

guest bedroom + bath · Mer info

Lisa thanked njmomma
  • KW PNW Z8
    2 år sedan

Is there a dresser or other pieces that need a space? Is the wall opposite the bed a full wall (the one wall we don’t see)? Is the doorway on closet wall entrance into room? I agree with @Susan - If bed stays on current wall, center it between window & corner.

Lisa thanked KW PNW Z8
  • decoenthusiaste
    2 år sedan

Loft Pied-A-Terre , Chicago · Mer info

Art Of Home · Mer info

Lisa thanked decoenthusiaste
  • stellarceline
    2 år sedan

I would play with centering it between the window and the right wall, so the window sets the width of the open space in front of the closet. At the least move it to the right enough that the nightstand is not in front of the window at all. Hang a big piece of art over the headboard.

Lisa thanked stellarceline
  • Lisa
    Författare
    2 år sedan

Here is the layout of the room. The other issue is that the shutters swing inward. The headboard can't clear the shutters.

• Carrie B
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

Do you not like the idea of moving to the bed to the long, window less wall? That seems like such a natural solution! You've got plenty of room on that long wall to move the bed/tables down a foot or so to clear the shutters.

• Carrie B
    2 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 2 år sedan

Like this, but moved down a foot or so to make way for shutters. You'll have to walk to get to the other side of the bed, but it leaves windows and closet with plenty of room.

Of course, if you don't like it on the window-less wall, you could keep it where it is, but, as suggested above, just center it between the window and the wall on the right.

• PRO
    Amy Peltier Interior Design & Home
    2 år sedan

You might consider trying the bed on the wall to the right under the window. That could work, or if you decide to leave it where it currently is, you might consider hanging drapery panels along the whole wall to make it look uniform.

Charming Cottage · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.