webuser_9096765

patio door window treatment HELP!!

We just recently renovated our kitchen/family room. We have sliding patio doors that are south facing and get full sun right at dinner time. Previous to the reno we had drapery panels to block the sun, but we don’t have the room nor do I want drapery panels again.

Ideas to block the sun:

Roller shade mounted on the upper casing. Shade is encased in a “cassette” that is covered in the same fabric as the shade, OR we might be able to have a custom valance (fabric or wood??) made to conceal the roller but I’m not sure there’s enough room on the upper right???

Window film the door and valance - anyone have experience with these and how much sun is actually blocked??

Kommentarer (15)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    förra året

You need solar shades if you want to control heat and UV rays and still keep the view and IMO mounted above the transom

• Window Genius
    förra året

Fyi, your patio door handle should be on the left so it slides to the right.

• Liz Karnatz O'Callaghan
    Författare
    förra året

M Riz - are you able to post a photo - I was also looking at those but could not find a photo of what these look like closed.

Patricia - thank you - our main concern is just blocking the sun for that 60-90 min time period around dinner time.

Författare
    förra året

The door is existing and we did not have it in the budget to replace them. We will do that eventually.

• M Riz
    förra året
    Ändrades senast: förra året

• kandrewspa
    förra året

Window films come in various degrees of light blocking abilities, but they're not going to be sufficient to block the sun shining in at a low angle before sunset. If you don't mind blocking the transom you could hang a roman shade over it. When it's open it would have the effect of a valance. Or do what you had suggested. Sliders are so hard to cover elegantly.

• M Riz
    förra året
    Ändrades senast: förra året

These are inside mount, blackout. They come in a ton of colors and light filtration levels. They stack to either side and the stack at about 6” i cant get a good pic lol

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    förra året

Mounting above the transom, def. However, any kind of fascia/cassette, and roller mechanism is gonna stick out. I'm concerned about that cabinet door being able to open fully. If that's not a concern, check out this phot of fascia above an event space door.

EcoSmart Roller/Solar Shades · Mer info

Författare
    förra året

Thank you Gordon! I actually don’t mind that look and regarding that cabinet - we actually will most likely not even use it due to its location and height.

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    förra året

That is my only concern. When there is space, an inside mounted fascia practically disappears!

EcoSmart Roller/Solar Shades · Mer info

Författare
    förra året

How much depth for the roller and cassette/fascia would you say?

Författare
    förra året

And does adding motorization add to the depth?

Författare
    förra året

Sorry last question - mounted above the transom on the casing or on the wall?

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    förra året

It depends. Our Fascia has two sizes 3 inch and 4 inch in depth.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.