upnorthcountrygirl

Main Bathroom Design Help

Cassandra Conway
förra året

Here is my situation- we are renovating most of our house. The flooring for our main bathroom has to be this greige marble lvp that will run from the bedroom into the bathroom. I am one of the few people in the world who HATE greige (my husband picked the bedroom materials and colors). I prefer cooler colors. The house design scheme is transitional mountain. Lots if wood, stone, and natural materials. He is determined to do a lvp wall tile in the bathroom. I have a shower tile I love, and a wall tile I love. However, I am not the best judge of what will go with the greige flooring. How bad is this combo?

Kommentarer (12)

• cubby14
    förra året

I don't think those tiles go with the lvp at all. the lighter one is too cool in relation to the lvp. What about something in a white for the shower or a warm gray.

• kandrewspa
    förra året

Can you clarify what you mean by LVP wall tile? Did you mean to say floor tile?

• Cassandra Conway
    Författare
    förra året

I HATE warm gray. White for showers feels really boring to me. Obviously I'm not into what's trendy 🤣 I meant lvp on both floors and walls. For some reason my husband really wants lvp on the walls. They have some that are developed specifically for that, but you can use any, I think. I am worried wood look lvp will look super super fake.

• Sharon Fullen
    förra året

Luxury vinyl planks aka LVP is not suitable for walls. You really need to select proper materials for each surface. LVP can be too slippery when wet for your bathroom. I used it in a small bathroom with non-slip rugs.

• Cassandra Conway
    Författare
    förra året

Sharon, the lvp for the floor is textured to reduce slipping.

• cpartist
    förra året

What are you using in the shower?

• Cassandra Conway
    Författare
    förra året

cpartist, I was going to use the dark gray tile in the picture. I like light and dark contrasts in cool tones.

• btydrvn
    förra året

Not to be blunt …but i don’t see any Marble pattern fitting into a transitional “Mountain” theme…and am not clear on where the black is going ….but for maintenance that has the potential to be a nightmare…. Like everything else ….you will get pertinent advice only if you give more info about the projects…i will suggest you try the photo section in Houzz…asking for “ transitional mountain bath rooms…for example ..experiment a little with the wording and you can see 100’s of pictures for inspiration

• Cassandra Conway
    Författare
    förra året

btydrvn, I scrolled through transitional mountain design bathroom pictures like you suggested, and found marble look flooring pretty quickly...
    In any case, I have my answer. I was wondering if my dislike of greige was the reason I didn't like the combo pictured, but it isn't just me! Now to find a combo my husband will agree to that I don't hate 😏 wish me luck, I'll need it 😂😂😂

• btydrvn
    förra året

Oh good…i find the photos so helpful,too…showing them to the hubby should make it easier to get him on board, as well

• PRO
    Soul Interiors Design, LLC
    förra året

It doesn't look like those colors go together, perhaps looking at some designs of ours will aid you here. Take note of the flooring and colors used.

Spanish Colonial Master Bath · Mer info

Spa Inspired Guest Bathroom · Mer info

Contemporary Spa Inspired Bath · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.