erohome

Suggestions for Translucent & Blackout Window Covering Combo.

erohome
förra året

Hello.

For the two windows in my bedroom I’ve been wanting to have a design with which I can have two effects:

1. For the daytime, horizontal blinds that are light in color and translucent when closed. Perhaps wood (if there is a translucent wood).

And

2. For the nighttime, blackout shades (perhaps Roman shades?) that eliminate all (or most) exterior light for better sleep. The blackout shades could perhaps be installed in front of the translucent blinds.

I’m also searching for light-colored, translucent wood (or faux-wood) horizontal blinds for my kitchen window.

What coverings and types of installations would you recommend?

Kommentarer (3)

• erohome
    Författare
    förra året

^

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    förra året

It sounds like a layered treatment will work for you.

Horizontal Sheer Shading in room-darkening fabric will block a lot of the light.

Horizontal sheer shades. · Mer info

But I would recommend pairing them with blackout drapery.

Room-darkening · Mer info

• erohome
    Författare
    förra året

Thanks for the suggestion, Gordon.

An issue I have is that one of the bedroom windows has a window air conditioner installed in its space, at the bottom. So, I wouldn’t want coverings to block the air conditioner, at least during the summer, when I sleep with it on. The Horizontal Sheer Shades (and most sorts of shades or blinds) may work for that but perhaps not the drapery.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.