snobunyz24

landscape lighting

snobunyz24
11 månader sedan

We need to redo our house/landscape lighting. The garage carriage lights are staying. Where else would you suggest lighting? I also will try to get a better picture straight on.

Kommentarer (20)

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

The light you see in the middle of the yard used to be uplighting for a beautiful pistache that died from a fungus- it did have a purpose but I don't think we will replant there again

• cecily 7A
    11 månader sedan

^^ Floral nailed it ^^

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 månader sedan

I agree with Flora.

• wdccruise
    11 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 månader sedan

Follow dark sky outdoor lighting guidelines.

"To minimize the harmful effects of light pollution, lighting should

• Only be on when needed
    • Only light the area that needs it
    • Be no brighter than necessary
    • Minimize blue light emissions
    • Eliminate upward-directed light"

There's no need for the up-lights in the planter beds or in the yard. It's not clear what the purpose of the wall light at the left is (it should illuminate downwards, not outwards if needed at all). If lights are needed to guide visitors to the front door, path lights (example) in the left-hand planter bed along the edge of the sidewalk could be used.

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Thanks you- I didn't think about light pollution or upward facing lights. The light to the left is the garage carriage light and there are two- facing downwards. Our street doesn't have any streetlights so it's extremely dark. Path lights are a good idea in the planter bed

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Plus- thanks for linking to the pic- I didn't realize you could do that in the posts. Super cool

• PRO
    Bella Depot Inc
    11 månader sedan

I think a stone shaped street lamp can be placed on the roadside, which is very natural and can provide warm light.

• cecily 7A
    11 månader sedan

^^There's nothing natural about that stone shaped light, it's actually pretty weird LOL.

• 3onthetree
    11 månader sedan

^ if you live near a volcano you can say it just spit out a couple hot lava rocks

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

Hahaa lava rocks. My kids wish

• wdccruise
    11 månader sedan

Nope, those "rocks" don't rock.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    11 månader sedan

Are you using hardwire landscape lighting now or solar? What is the budget? We need a daylight picture as well.

• wdccruise
    11 månader sedan

"Path lights are a good idea in the planter bed"

Low voltage wires for path lights are easy to install too.

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

We would ideally hardwire - Budget under 1k - Ideally no more than 500 but I really dont know what is realistic. I haven't seemed to have very much luck with solar- it never seems to last long for us

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

We planted a year ago so the plants are still growing in

• wdccruise
    11 månader sedan

This thread isn't going anywhere because you haven't described what you need to illuminate. The three ground lights don't accomplish anything. It's not clear why the other lights largely illuminate walls rather than the sidewalk and porch.

• snobunyz24
    Författare
    11 månader sedan

That is my question- where do you recommend placing lights? The lights as they are now we inherited when we bought the house and we want to redo them all.

• wdccruise
    11 månader sedan

Nobody on the forum lives there and can decide what you need to illuminate. Do you walk from the garage to the front door and is the path dark at night? Then you might need path lights between the garage and the front door. Do you walk on the driveway from the street to the front door and is the driveway dark at night? Then you might need path lights along the driveway. Do you park a car in front of the garage at night? Then you might need a motion-sensor-controlled under-eaves light that would illuminate a short distance in front of the garage. What doesn't need illuminating? The walls, lawn, bushes, anything to the right of the front door.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    11 månader sedan

https://www.voltlighting.com/shop/landscape-lighting Scroll through this page lots of tips here might help you understand. for me wall washers and path lights would be a great place to start.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.