webuser_669859795

Help me modernize a 90s bathroom!

E N
11 månader sedan

Insurance is paying for us to renovate our master bathroom due to a bathtub leak. I’ll be changing out the flooring and tile and lighting and mirror and installing a nicer drop in tub to try to modernize everything. I’m trying to avoid making too many changes that will require us to pay extra but also want to make sure the bathroom doesn’t still look outdated when they’re finished. What else would you all recommend? Do you think I should take out the shower window and make the whole upper half of the shower wall glass?

Attached are photos from the listing when we bought the house recently!

Kommentarer (6)

• PRO
    Bath Knot Inc
    11 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 månader sedan

Congratulations on getting the opportunity to renovate your master bathroom! Based on the photos you provided, here are some recommendations to modernize the space while considering cost and avoiding unnecessary expenses:

Replace the bathtub: Since you mentioned changing the flooring and tile, installing a new drop-in tub is a great idea. Choose a sleek, modern design that complements the overall aesthetic you want to achieve.

Update the vanity: Consider replacing the existing vanity with a more contemporary one. Look for clean lines and a modern finish. If the current vanity is in good condition, you could also consider repainting or refinishing it to save costs.

Upgrade fixtures and hardware: Replacing old faucets, showerheads, and other fixtures with newer, more stylish options can instantly elevate the look of your bathroom. Opt for sleek, modern designs that match your overall vision.

Lighting: Upgrading the lighting fixtures can make a significant difference. Choose fixtures that provide ample light and have a modern design. Consider installing LED lights for energy efficiency.

Mirror: Since you mentioned changing the mirror, look for a modern and stylish option that complements the new vanity. Consider a larger led mirror to create a sense of spaciousness.

ade05e070445f8e3_tmp-3895 · Mer info

Paint or wallpaper: Give the walls a fresh coat of paint or consider adding a stylish wallpaper to add visual interest and a modern touch. Choose neutral or trendy colors that match your desired aesthetic.

Regarding the shower window, converting the upper half of the shower wall into glass can create a more open and modern look. However, consider the practicality and privacy aspects. Ensure that the glass is frosted or treated to maintain privacy while allowing light to pass through.

• palimpsest
    11 månader sedan

I would remove the step up deck around the tub for sure, and I would probably shorten the length of the vanity to give some floor space in front of the entire length of the bathtub.

• cpartist
    11 månader sedan

I would get rid of the shower window completely with NO glass. Glass is such a pain to keep clean.

Remove the step up to the tub. That's an accident waiting to happen.

I would put in a double vanity with 2 separate mirrors.

• PRO
    Badeloft
    11 månader sedan

Replace old faucets, showerheads, and towel bars with sleek, modern options. Choose fixtures with clean lines and finishes like brushed nickel or chrome to create a cohesive and contemporary aesthetic.

• Ian Jenkins
    11 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 11 månader sedan

I highly recommend having a look at PVC Shower Panels to freshen up / modernize your bathroom, I used 2 different designs from this site https://www.floorstowalls.co.uk/collections/shower-panels in my 2 ensuites and when we get our main bathroom renovated I intend on using them again, wife is pushing me towards an ultra modern look with this specific design - https://www.floorstowalls.co.uk/collections/shower-panels/products/titanium-stone-1-2m-pack

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.