melissa_chumakov

Tile selection for very small bathroom

Melissa Chumakov
6 månader sedan

Hello!

I have a very small 4' x 4' shower that will be curbless, and about 90" x 4' of bathroom floor space somewhat covered by 48" vanity and toilet. The room is long and narrow approx. 10.5'x4'.

I'm looking for tile suggestions as I love the look of bianco Onyx but can't seem to find any matte flooring to lead into the shower space for "anti-slip". I want to keep it light and airy... vanity is white washed maple with a solid white top (not same countertop in photo). Finishes will be brushed gold.

I really want the space to be as ethereal and spa like as possible even though it's so tiny.

~ Melissa

Kommentarer (7)

• Lyn Nielson
    6 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 månader sedan
  • Melissa Chumakov
    Författare
    6 månader sedan

Unfortunately, I’m located in Toronto Canada and can’t get any samples of these tiles.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 månader sedan

IMO a curbless shower needs to have a wet room bathroom and that means the same flooring for the bathroom floor and the shower floor and that whole bathroom floor needs to be waterproofed .I love 12 x24 tile in small bathrooms they make the sapce look biger . I am pretty sure in Toronto you can find a few tile shops to go see tile in person and be allowed to take home samples.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 månader sedan

what about home depot or lowes? They carry the Emser tile in the porcelain that looks like terrazzo. (Terazio is the name) would look great w/your modern look. It is a matte finish

Come in diff colors and sizes/shapes. Wayfair also has it

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/emser-tile-terazio-24-x-24-porcelain-stone-look-wall-floor-tile-frsw1153.html

Or, get a sample of this one. It's from the IvyHill line, which is the same as what Tilebar carries. I've used this tile in a bathroom. not at all slippery. I also like the earth tones which look nice w/your vanity

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/ivy-hill-tile-terra-italia-2362-in-x-2362-in-honed-terrazzo-floor-and-wall-tile-387-sq-ft-each-sost4947.html

This one looks nice too. It's the Bianco White

https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/encore-surfaces-cocci-siciliani-36-x-36-italian-terrazzo-look-porcelain-tiles-ecsr1363.html?piid=88613498

In the shower I'd do the 24x24 and pair it w/an accent tile on one of the walls

Or do a combo of diff color subways (same size,

neutral color palette and textures that would work nicely w/your vanity and any of those terrazzo tile

try something like this behind the vanity/shower with the same tile

Here's a porcelain blue onyx you mentioned

Selene on Wayfair

Calacatta Indidgo is also nice. comes in a mosaic too

check out this selection on wayfair

https://www.wayfair.com/filters/keyword.php?keyword=blue+onyx+porcelain+tiile&filters=colorList~Blue

Or, see these patterned tiles on the shower wall? you could use that w/the terrazzo, or use those on the regular floor

I really like it in the black (but you said you wanted light and airy).

I think this black and white would look great w/your vanity, along w/the terrazzo for the shower. This tile is matte so you could carry it into the shower. You can also find this on wayfair

if you want all white/light

• RedRyder
    6 månader sedan

Beth gave you a ton of wonderful suggestions. If you like penny tile, it comes in so many colors it would be very easy to match with any large format tile you choose for the shower walls. I would be surprised if you had problems finding it in Canada. It is a good look for a small bathroom.

My friends did a small bathroom recently. They used large, plain format tiles on the floor, penny tiles on the shower floor and a “wow” large format porcelain on the walls. Your eyes immediately go to the back wall of the shower, giving the impression of a larger room. Depending on the layout of your bathroom, the back wall having a stunning “look at me tile” will visibly “expand” the room. (I’m assuming glass for the shower doors.)

I like the vanity you chose!

• PRO
    Michelle Yorke Interior Design LLC
    3 månader sedan

You could easily look at doing the same flooring throughout. Perhaps look at some tile options that are similar to the countertop on the vanity. Below are just a few shower and bathroom designs to give you more ideas.

Suncadia Mountain Retreat · Mer info

Suncadia Mountain Retreat · Mer info

Eastside Estate · Mer info

Belvedere Project · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.