mimi931

Help! I am lost in sad design

Mimi
4 månader sedan
senast redigerad:4 månader sedan

Oversized bedroom lacks style, color, purpose! I am looking for ideas to give it some life through paint, wallpaper, focal point. There is a large sliding door behind the charcoal curtains. The strange palladian window does not open and is currently covered with a throw hanging on a cafe rod. The opposite wall is full of closet doors that are blah. I would appreciate any input on lowcost design ideas. Not planning on staying here more than a year more. Thanks in advance to my Houzz geniuses!

Kommentarer (15)

• eld6161
    4 månader sedan

I’m not a fan those dark drapes.

Can you post a floor plan the space with the demensions.

Off hand, I would cover that window. You can seal from the inside and it will still look the same outside.

I would get comfortable seating, large club chairs, an ottoman.

Mimi thanked eld6161
  • acm
    4 månader sedan

Headboard + art.

• Rho Dodendron
    4 månader sedan

Put colour on the bed covering so it doesnt dissapear into wall. Hem up those sloppy looking draperies..

• partim
    4 månader sedan

If you're only going to be there for a year, re-use the drapes but hem them up. Use iron-on hemming tape for a quick fix. They should go all the way to the end of the rod, i.e. over the bracket to the finial. The bracket comes through a gap in the back.

Do you ever sit in that grey chair? It looks a bit like a "naughty chair" stuffed in the corner. I'd put it closer to the dressing area.

For new purchases, I suggest a duvet cover, headboard and wall art. Focus on the sleeping area and ignore the closet doors.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 månader sedan

I need a to scale floor plan since how you take pics often distorts the room. First you need to pick a style nothing works together right now. The dresser very traditional, the bed with no headboard not good. the drapes just look sloppy . The night tables the wrong style and color. So post the plan here in a comment DO NOT start another post . Pretty sure you can do better for wall art than some rattan circles that for sure do not work with the dresser .

• Connecticut Yankeeeee
    4 månader sedan

🤣 @ partim- love the naughty chair. I am afraid I’m guilty of this, too.

• Valinta
    4 månader sedan

Put the chair and a small side table and small lamp in front of the stationary part of the slider. Agree with rest of suggestions regarding drapes. Hand a full lenth drape in front the the window and keep closed,matching the drapes over slider. Look for more dynamic wall art once you have slected more traditional and luxurious bed linens to work with traditional furnishings. Maybe a folding screen along side of desk to disquise the ‘office vibe’.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 månader sedan

The bed is probably on the WRONG wall

Draw the space. Show the entrance to the bedroom the closet wall, the bank of windows you are covering with awful curtains.

Add the feet and inches to every single thing. walls windows, entrance to bath etc, and if you are not in this country? Use USA feet and inches.

Post that as a very legible jpeg below in the comments.

• Sherry8aNorthAL
    4 månader sedan

Musical furniture. Put chest with tv where desk is. Put desk under little window. Bed and night stands go on large wall with foot toward window. Hem drapes like stated above. Find headboard to match chest. Art for walls.

• Maureen
    4 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 4 månader sedan

Create zones/try moving furniture around and only add items on wall once you have figured out the final configuration.

Suggest moving high boy to where desk is so bed can be placed on the long wall (headboard would be nice and search Marketplace for a good fine).

(Just saw your additional picture and noticed the doorway so may not work).

At the far end create a seating/working area. Chair on wall on right/tv across next to window and desk on the back wall.

Before adding/changing accessories (adjust drapes), consider a look/color scheme. Anything you purchase can be brought with you, so not wasted money.

• PRO
    lisedv
    4 månader sedan

I understand you're on a low budget and moving in a year's time.

Please post a floor plan. There's probably a better way to place the furniture, it's looks like a large room but without a plan with dimensions showing doors and windows it's impossible to suggest anything. The bed seems at the far end with a chair stuck in the corner, and you have a desk that also looks squished in a corner by the sliding door and the closet doors.

• remodeling1840
    4 månader sedan

Since you are moving in a year, please don’t spend money on paint or wallpaper. Spend some time deciding on your style and only purchase things that you love and want to take with you. I am also on the side of everyone who is advising you to move the bed opposite the slider and move the high boy to the end wall. Beautiful bedding can make a bedroom cozy and personal. I don’t like “artwork” which is code for “ go to Target and buy pictures”. Do you have personal photos of a special beautiful beach or mountain waterfall you have visited? Have those blown up and buy picture frames. Haunt consignment shops and find night stands or small tables or even small chests of drawers for beside your bed. Consignment shops are also a good source of lamps.

• PRO
    Betty Wasserman Art & Interiors
    förra månaden

Would you be open to moving the bed? It might be nice to place it facing the sliding doors, where the TV currently is. Then you could easily use the space where the bed is for a chaise or reading area or even desk area. Below are some of our bedroom designs we think might just help you more with your current dilemma.

Oceanfront Oasis · Mer info

Oceanfront Oasis · Mer info

West Side Whereabouts · Mer info

West Side Whereabouts · Mer info

Lakefront Landing · Mer info

Daniels Lane · Mer info

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    förra månaden

The op never returned with a drawing, never returned in two months. Based on that? Either moved, or cares little : )

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.