sdhdillard

Please Help! Can’t find glass bypass doors for Americast Cambridge Tub

sdhdillard
3 månader sedan

I’m having an American Standard Americast Cambridge tub installed and I’m realizing the flat threshold of the tub is too narrow for all the glass bypass doors I’ve found so far. The edge is rounded and at the narrowest point, the truly flat area is only 2” wide. If I count some of the part that’s rounded, I’m looking at 2.5” wide. Of course, the flat area is way wider at the front and back of the tub, it’s just really narrow in a two foot section in the middle. It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack and I can’t seem to find the threshold width requirement unless I look at the various installation instructions. I know people use glass doors on these tubs and other narrow threshold tubs. I can’t use a shower curtain because we have water issues and it turns orange. Also, I can’t use a hinged door because the toilet is close to the tub and the water supply and drain are opposite the toilet, not on the same wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kommentarer (4)

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    3 månader sedan
    Ändrades senast: 3 månader sedan

I doubt you will find a ready-made enclosure. It can be done, but will have to be a custom unit. Cambridge is just not designed for A shower door.

• millworkman
    3 månader sedan

You will most likely need to end up using a Laguna Slider from CRL or similar. It is a top mounted and only a lower guide is required.

• PRO
    StarCraft Custom Builders
    3 månader sedan

@millworkman

That just might work. I think the top edge of the tub is about 1.5 inches wide, must about enough room for a Laguna or Holcam. Still not cheap though. About $1,000 installed.

• millworkman
    3 månader sedan

Not many other options as he says he cannot use a curtain.

Sponsrad

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.