auntmanda012

Decor needed bad!

8 år sedan
My husband and I just got out first house and I am lost on how to decorate. This is our bedroom.. It has a queen bed in it and no bedside tables yet. Any decor ideas would be greatly appreciated :) our room is a little brighter red than the picture.

Kommentarer (82)

• 8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

A Pendleton wool blanket on the bed would give that farmhouse feel.

Here the walls are beige and the drapes are red. Adjust it for your room by doing beige drapes.

Master Bedroom · Mer info

• 8 år sedan
    I think adding some layers of light will help. Adding decor to the angled wall seems tricky because frames will look skewed, won't they? If you can't put you're bed on a different wall, then I kind of agree that textiles on the wall might be nice. Another option might be sculpture art; for instance, metal trees or wrought iron designs, something that isn't precisely square or rectangular. If you dont live in earthquake country, a large round mirror might work with the angled ceiling. Another option would be a montage of small mirrors, maybe mixed with pictures of varying sizes and frame materials. The advantage of mirrors is that they gather and reflect light. They can be "romantic " too. A green plant would also liven things up.
    If you or your husband have allergies, be careful about adding too many textiles; they trap dust and dust mites like crazy. If you aren't into taking it all down and washing it once or twice a year exercise caution.
    You're doing the right thing by taking your time to gather ideas before you buy things. When you do buy things, hang on to your receipts. Have fun!
  • 8 år sedan
    Love the ideas!!! This is such a great website :) I like how I should pick the curtains and choose everything from there. :) I never even thought about not hanging something on the wall that is slanted. We have so many slanted walls in the house.
  • PRO
    8 år sedan

@Amanda, you can also pick artwork you enjoy and choose your colors from that piece. If you like brighter colors, check out our page Art by Ben and Raisa for color ideas and inspiration. Please let me know if you have questions and best of luck decorating!... Raisa

• 8 år sedan
    I'm also thinking a rug on each side of the bed like this?
  • 8 år sedan

Fun. And romantic. Do it.

• PRO
    8 år sedan

Our designs might inspire you!

Fabulous Bay View Home · Mer info

Old Hyde Park, Florida · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

Very elegant CASA NOVA!

• 8 år sedan

What about these color blinds in my red room?... Should I put a white curtain in the middle of the brown?.... With a white comforter, a few pillows that gold color, and some art that has that gold with some white?

• 8 år sedan
    Here is the picture
  • 8 år sedan

Amanda, can you take another picture of your room in the daylight? Open the blinds so we can get a better idea of the true color.

Remember, nothing is set in stone; you can play around with color, textiles and decor all you want. Looking at pics on house and in magazines helps, but it takes a lot of work to look like the magazines! As you look, pay attention to the colors and styles that make you feel happy. It's your room (and Hubby's, who may care) so look for what makes you feel happy and at peace in your bedroom. If you find something that you'd really like to imitate, cut it out or print it. Tack a copy up somewhere and put another copy in your purse to refer to when shopping.

• 8 år sedan

Here is a link to a story on 14 steps to a great bedroom. As mentioned, good to have a general destination in mind (for you Romantic Farmhouse Bedroom?), then go from there. And good to have a general starting point. Fabric you will love on the windows (that you repeat on bed somewhere in pillow, dust ruffle...), or you create around a bedspread you love, or an art piece...

[https://www.houzz.com/magazine/14-steps-to-a-perfectly-polished-bedroom-stsetivw-vs~17855428[(https://www.houzz.com/magazine/14-steps-to-a-perfectly-polished-bedroom-stsetivw-vs~17855428)

• 8 år sedan

Here is a great bedroom with red walls. Bed is layered with lots of white. Great matching chests and lamps and a rug for color. You could have simple white drapes on the windows.

Infinite choices...

Bedroom · Mer info

• PRO
    8 år sedan

I recommend light curtains, light bedding. The red is a beautiful and sophisticated color but it does darken the room up. I love the picture you chose of the rugs. It's a layered rug look and one that I adore. Bringing layers to the room will make it cozy and welcoming.

If you keep that bed, might you consider painting it? Something lighter?

I also recommend placing your curtain rod halfway between the top of the window and the ceiling to avoid it looking cramped at the ceiling. I do, however, agree that you can go wide with the panels to make the window appear larger and avoid blocking any (much valued) natural light.

• 8 år sedan
    So far I have gotten a white comforter. I'm getting white curtains and white lamps! Plan on hanging a poster size landscape picture of me and my husband over the bed
  • PRO
    8 år sedan

Paint the walls and the bed. Bed is cannonball and rather Early American in style. I would up date the bed in a gray paint and the walls in a light blue.

• 8 år sedan
    This is what I have so far!
  • 8 år sedan
    Please paint over that red. I say this as a lover of red in decor...just not in the bedroom. Red is not restful. A quiet green, blue or cream would make a nice background for using a variety of accent colors in bedding and window treatments.
  • 8 år sedan
    The red is actually my all time favorite! :)
  • 8 år sedan
    Well, if you like it, then go with it. It wouldn't be my choice for a bedroom, but go with what you love and it'll make you happy. Color is very personal.
  • 8 år sedan

Amanda, I have to commend you for sticking to what you want, and not allowing anyone to change your mind, as so many posters do. I love red, it is my favorite color, and I like what you've done so far.

• 8 år sedan
    Thank u shirlpp!!!
  • 8 år sedan
    Maybe all white lamps?
  • 8 år sedan

Great photo of you and hubby, but not working above the bed. The size and that sloping wall there... Keep it in the room for sure, but another spot. Nothing above the bed.

And like the white bedding. Add even more of it in a dust ruffle, rug, full drapes on the windows.

• 8 år sedan

I like the addition of pattern here in a tailored (not too feminine) dust ruffle and matching drapes. Look at Country Curtains online for both.

Places to Rest · Mer info

• 8 år sedan
    So what would look good above bed. Pics please!!
  • 8 år sedan

Well, you could play it safe and do a trio of art in small white frames or I would love to see you do a wall decal of white tress or birch trees. They could follow the line of your ceiling and because they draw your eye upward, your room would feel "taller".

Amanda thanked Nancy Ingram
  • 8 år sedan
    I need a way to make this photo above the bed work.
  • 8 år sedan
    Maybe add white pins to it or something and 2 smaller white frame pictures on each side?
  • 8 år sedan

or like you said nansy... u think 3 frames or 4? and what size frames? im thinking black and white pictures from the wedding in them..

• 8 år sedan

The problem with the absolutely wonderful photo above the bed, is it is a large vertical. I can totally see it on the window wall, right next to the bed.

• 8 år sedan

Here is another decal idea. Comes in many sizes and colors. I like this size and color for the wall. Then your wedding photo on wall next to window.

Once in a Lifetime Vinyl Wall Decal bedroomdecor07, Light Brown, 72 in. · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

thanks pcmom1. this is more difficult than I thought it would be..

• 8 år sedan

I do like Nancy's birch tree idea. You could place your photo in the midst of them. The trees will tie in with the trees in the photo??

Wonder how this one centered over your bed with your photo would work...only $40 on Houzz.

100"x44" Tree Top Branches Wall Decal Vinyl Sticker, Mattw White · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

My new favorite above the bed (with your photo to the other wall). Comes in different sizes/ colors. I like the dark.

Wall Decal Sticker Quote Vinyl Art Lettering Family Like Branches on a Tree F28 · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

I would like a wow item above the bed... so a mirror... or if the frames what size frames?

• 8 år sedan

Clay Street · Mer info
    something similar to this mirror? how would that look if I could find in white?

• PRO
    8 år sedan
    Many ppl already covered a lot of options. The only one I would add is to add a giant rug under the bed. It's the next best thing to ripping out that carpet.
  • 8 år sedan

the carpet looks like an ugly color in that picture LOL

• 8 år sedan
    If you are sticking with the red, use pops of tan, and gold. Get white end tables, with table lamps, that have red/gold. Add lighter furniture, such as white, or antique white. Prints, and light frames. Get a floral like patterned curtain with red and white. You can add small accent pieces, and even an area rug. If there is room, you can add a decorative chair in the corner in front of the bed, or a bench directly in front of the bed.
  • 8 år sedan

One thing that is sort of romantic and unexpected is to have your bed at the corner on an angle. Add a plant, some branches and an "uplight" that sits on the floor and you get get shadows.

Hers bed · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

This mirror is for sale on Houzz. $175 from almost $600. Branches sort of tie into "romantic farmhouse". 42 inch.

Kichler Kayla Round Sunburst Mirror, 42" x 42" · Mer info

Amanda thanked pcmom1
  • 8 år sedan

I love that mirror that pcmom1 posted. An excellent price too. I do think you should add gold elements or it's going to look a little boring. I think gold lamps would look great.

Amanda thanked classysass
  • 8 år sedan
    I love that mirror. Gold lamp bases with white shades and that mirror over the bed!
  • 8 år sedan

How can I put my bedroom together on the computer? I have seen several people do it

• 8 år sedan

Kathleen Burke Design · Mer info

I absolutely love the vanity on the side of the bed!!!! Wondering what it would look like in our room?

• 8 år sedan

so would the gold mirror look better above the bed, or trio frames with black and white pictures, or 2 mirrors on each side of our bed with nothing above the bed? Trying to decide! :)

• 8 år sedan

Laguna Beach Home · Mer info

• 8 år sedan

You could add the larger furniture pieces first (side tables plus lamps) and then add the "bling" last.

In Laguna Beach House, that bed is an impressive four poster one, yours isn't. I think you need something above the bed. You can use blue painter's tape to try out different arrangements, try out sizes for objects.

• 8 år sedan
    Ok good idea! Thank u. So for sure something over the bed. But hold off on the decor and get side tables and lamps first?
Sponsrad

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.