lexinarlington

should hallway and stair runners match? too matchy?

10 år sedan
recovering our hideous staircase runner (entry foyer to 2nd floor). i found a beautiful durable Karastan remnant in exactly the colors i only ever seem to love (gray, aqua, light green, neutral), and am committed to doing the stairs with it.

my question is whether to buy enough carpet to have a runner made for the adjoining second floor hallway (wood floor, long and straight). doing so would be easy, practical, and would coordinate well with any future decorating. (we don't have kids yet, but they might be the next house addition.) or to cover the stairs to our master bedroom on the 3rd floor. or both!

but is that too matchy? stair runners and adjoining hallway in exact same runner? i can't seem to find inspiration photos either way.

first picture is carpet sample or my chosen color, second is the company example of it covering a floor (in a different, brighter color). will upload my home pix later today.

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    10 år sedan
    Hi there. I understand what you mean by matchy matchy. That is so dated. That being said you have a product you love that will have the same function. It will be subtly beautiful and wear well. I would do it. A too busy space takes the sophistication level down a notch
    Now if you want to match you master bedroom drapes to your bedding, give me a call. I'll talk you right out of that!
  • 10 år sedan
    I like that look. I don't see why you couldn't do it down the hallway. If you were doing wall-to-wall nobody would even blink if it was extended down the hall and up the next stairway.
  • 10 år sedan
    thanks. here are pix of current staircase. hope the color of the chosen carpet isn't horrible with the warm light brown floors. (too late anyway)
  • 10 år sedan
    I really like the rug you picked. Do you happen to know which pattern it is? Thanks!
    lexinarlington thanked lisaq1234
  • 10 år sedan
    actually i do! it's Karastan Fluidity, and i'm pretty sure the color is "Gray Highway" 409. we were lucky to find a remnant!
Sponsrad

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.