emmelinewe

What's the Colour of Your Kettle?

Emmeline Westin
9 år sedan
senast redigerad:9 år sedan
The Houzz UK kettle is unsurprisingly... (drumroll) green! And we couldn't live without it.

What's the colour of your kettle? Photos are encouraged!

Emmeline, Houzz

Kommentarer (31)

• meerainnes
    9 år sedan
    My current kettle is plain white - but I did own a Brita filter kettle that changed colours as it boiled! It was the perfect colourful touch for my kitchen :)
  • condomary
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Stainless Steel Paderno. I have had it for 7 years. I especially like it because the steam doesn't come back against your hand as you are pouring. And it has a 25 year warranty. A lot of Canadians like a plug in kettle but I like the whistling stove top model because it can stay on the stove instead of taking up counter space.
  • Emmeline Westin
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    That's good quality @condomary! Maybe you don't battle limescale as much as we do in the UK?
  • feeny
    9 år sedan
    We have two--a cute Calphalon aluminum kettle with a morel mushroom lid that has no whistle, and a practical stainless steel Oxo with a whistle. The cute one has been retired as too many members of the household just couldn't remember they had turned on the stove!
  • condomary
    9 år sedan
    LOL feeny, I um.. didn't want to admit that myself
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    9 år sedan
    Funny you ask Emmeline, as just yesterday it occurred to me that I may as well put a plant in the copper kettle that's been unused on the stove for ten years at the request of my DH, who favors (favours;) a cup of English Breakfast tea. Dare I say that it was already nearly unused when the Keurig made it obsolete? (Or is that blasphemy in the UK? Sorry!)
  • Emmeline Westin
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Haha, there are some coffee enthusiasts here too. In the office no less! But you can't beat a cup of tea, especially when it's cold and wet outside. In fact, it's pouring down now, so I might just put the kettle on :)
  • User
    9 år sedan
    When we re-did our kitchen 3 years ago we got rid of the kettle and installed an Insinkerator boiling / filtered water tap. It's the best thing we ever did and my once skeptical husband now wouldn't be without instant hot water.
  • Vintage...VJ Jazzy Jazz
    9 år sedan
    Moving house .....sadly my RED duo
    Will not fit in with
    What's about to be our new kitchen ...
    Cooking on gas ...
    So maybe ..an old fashioned kettle with a WHISTLE..
    But my quirky side likes ...Zoe the zebra!!
  • franklybee
    9 år sedan
    We have a Tefal Quick Cup that dispenses near boiling water instantaneously from a water vessel - brilliant have had it over 5 years and we drink huge amounts of tea also use it for cooking requirements. Also filters water.
  • soozmacrae
    9 år sedan
    Ive got the Delongi brilliant in black. Its very glossy and multi faceted. I always tell my friends not to buy a boring looking kettle as its one of the few items in a kitchen that is always on display.
    9 år sedan
    I remember as a child
    and coming from a large family
    Sadly lots of trauma in our family ..
    The word put the kettle on!!!!
    was often used in our house
  • Lily Choi
    9 år sedan
    Royal blue. :)
  • Georgie Akin-Smith
    9 år sedan
    Mine's bright yellow, it adds a splash of colour to my kitchen!
    9 år sedan
    We all need colour in our lives ...
    And the kitchen is as good
    as any place for it
  • Tom Flanagan
    9 år sedan
    White. I've only now realised I'm in desperate need of a new exciting kettle..
  • Luciana
    9 år sedan
    Like Real Interiors UK, we have a boiling water tab. Best money ever spent on a kitchen gadget; you never have to wait for the kettle to boil - it's instant. Love it!!
  • PRO
    Marble & Granite Ltd.
    9 år sedan
    Cream :)
  • Catherine Hounslow
    8 år sedan

Silver and black -nothing very inspiring !

• crowningfashion
    8 år sedan

My kettle is 15 years old and is a quick boil stainless steel - it has a ding and the lid is rubbed. It looks it's age but boy does it boil quickly! I'm really interested in what everyone is posting here! My dream would be a Quooker tap (instant hot water tap) but I do like the look of deLonghi kettles. My mum has the Morphy Richards red kettle and toaster as posted by Vintage VJ Jazzy Jeff. The kettle is a couple of years old and the red coating is badly chipped - thus I'm interested in the deLonghi version. That said my mum drinks copious amounts of tea, always has friends round and I'm sure her kettle has way above average use! In a less busy household it could well last longer!

• minnie101
    8 år sedan

I'm on my 2nd black delonghi vintage style kettle and toaster and need a 3rd! Maybe I don't clean them enough or well enough but find the toaster design poor as there's a lip around the top which gathers crumbs so you literally have to shake them upside down to get the crumbs out. Having got the most enormous gas bill yesterday (makes me feel faint as I talk about it!) I think I'm going to make the best use of my aga and use that for boiling water! I think in fairness it would actually be quicker anyway

• Nez Lara
    8 år sedan
    Black
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    8 år sedan
    Black here too !!!
  • User
    8 år sedan

White, but I would like the right blue.

• sootsprite
    8 år sedan
    Blue!
  • Karen W
    8 år sedan
    I've got the morphy richards one but in purple. With a matching toaster
  • jazza6
    6 år sedan

Dualit.....live it....stainless steel

• Lisa Herring
    6 år sedan

a retro styled bubble gum pink one which will sadly be going to the kettle graveyard shortly due to the fact its been ruined by limescale and it wont go with my new black/white and steel kitchen which is due to be fitted in two weeks.......I might go for a pop of colour like poppy red.....

• Sonia
    6 år sedan
    Most of these comments are years old.......
  • Lisa Herring
    6 år sedan

forzaitalia.......and !!!!!!!!.....

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.