marls04200

Kitchen Dilemma

marls04200
9 år sedan
How can I make this kitchen more appealing? All new cabinets or can I salvage these? The cabinets are very grainy and I think if they were stained or painted the grainy wood would show underneath. Wall color is light mocha. If cabinets are replaced, what would go well with the granite countertop and backsplash behind the stove? As little work as possible would be great because we may be planning to sell in a few years. Hardwood floors are cherry-colored as is the rest of the house. What I hate most is that the kitchen contains top to bottom wood - like I'm in a cabin. Help please? Would appreciate all ideas!

Kommentarer (3)

• PRO
    SolutionSmiths
    9 år sedan
    - paint the cabinets some shade of white. bring a sample of the backsplash and counter to a quality paint store and ask for recommendations.
    - move the handles for the doors onto the door frame. I've never seen what you have now. big red flag for buyers.
    -cabinet above expresso maker needs to be removed. open shelves or find a matching cabinet anything would be more useful than those.
    - if you want to go further and the cabinets are in good shape reface them and hang new doors
  • marls04200
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thank you for those tips! A shade of white definitely seems like the way to go. I'm not sure what you mean about the cabinet doors - the handles aren't on the door frame? Also, if I remove the cabinets above the espresso machine what should go in it's place? Thanks! :)
  • coconuts1234
    9 år sedan
    I think there are two different types of cabinet doors? The handles on the doors above the desk have a frame (moulding around the edge like a picture frame) but the door to the left of the microwave does not appear to. You'd have to do a great patch job if you're going to move the handles.

Why not try to paint before replacing everything? Houzzers have raved about the Rustoleum products.

I think that backsplash is overwhelming because it goes to the ceiling. I'm not sure you should remove it unless you are prepared to replace the drywall!

Good luck!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.