stef282

Please help completing my great room

Stefanie
9 år sedan
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused on the DR (still in process). I need help achieving a very neutral but stylish room. It is one very large, open space with the kitchen and because of that color should be in the accents (florals, vases, pillows, art, etc.). There are many pieces I already know I need such as end tables, coffee table and on. Initial needs are to address the windows (blinds are being removed) and the area rug as I do not think it currently works. I will replace the blinds with either roman or roller shades and this will need to include the doors. Minimally the rug needs to be 9x13. I will move on from there. Please see both my LV remodel and LV ideabook for my style I am trying to achieve (I will attach inspirational photos below).

Here's what is already in the works or constraints:
Ceiling will be painted several shades lighter than the wall and in the process of selecting.
Crown will be installed thereafter.
The sectional and chair stay.
Furniture in the kitchen area also stays.
The TV is large but appears smaller than it is. It stays but have considered wall to wall built-ins. Open to other ideas that are less costly.
Drapes will be changed out as well as hardware after the ceiling crown is completed. Need to shop for fabric.
I like simple and clean-lined. I do not like a lot of clutter and pictures everywhere. I also like an overall light look to a room and looking to do that with this room. Take a look at my DR for another room in my house.

Thank you!

Living Room Remodel · Mer info

Roehampton Gate · Mer info

ferguson · Mer info

Russian Hills · Mer info

Kommentarer (8,5k)

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

PS Stef... I agree, I dread the "moving" already and I only just started the packing! Moved stuff to storage too...

• tlparks
    7 år sedan

Following

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I'm finding it hard to locate a new bed! Ugh, who knew! I'm sure it will work out for you!

I figure it's best to sell this spring if I decide to but I have to have several options for us long term to feel good about it. My neighborhood is very desirable so will sell fast and we already have a large profit but houses are more expensive now as well and don't want to end up long term in a rental.

Yes I like the sheers because it's adds something and is simple. I like simple. They aren't going to make any ooh on here but sure, I'll give you a peek. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

That's true, moving in a rental for a while and moving again = no fun.

I hope you find a bed soon... I need a mattress too, mine is like sleeping on a rock! Lol

Oh good... would love a peek, and I'm sure it looks great!

Again, if we don't speak ... have a terrific trip. :)

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

We love our new Saatva mattress! That was a great decision. See, boring but I like boring.

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

Thanks for the mattress info... will check that out. :)

I like the sheers, like that wall color too, the contrast with the floors is awesome! :) Thanks so much for taking the time to post the pics...

...and Stef, nothing you do is boring... elegant, but never boring. Both you and Wendy.. blow me away with your choices!

Stefanie thanked zazfuzzroc
  • kcooz07
    7 år sedan

Hi Stefanie nice to hear from you. Did you buy your mattress locally or online? Like Zaz, I think we're going to be looking for one soon too so any info is appreciated since you are happy with it.

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

They are online only with an amazing return policy. You get a much higher quality bed for the price this way. I did think it was slightly stiff at first so I called and they sent me a complementary mattress pad which is great. I'm sure it would've been fine if I gave it time but honestly we both sleep better and have less aches and pains when we wake. Now we are considering one for the guest room as well.

http://www.saatvamattress.com

• kcooz07
    7 år sedan

Thanks, will check it out.

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

Thank you Stefanie! :)

• marrymaid
    7 år sedan
    Have been thinking of you Stephanie, although just following. Always do what feels right.
  • marrymaid
    7 år sedan
    Stefanie, sorry auto correct.
  • Ann
    7 år sedan

Hi Stefanie. Nice to hear from you and I think the sheers look great.

Kcooz, I recently got a natural latex mattress from PlushBeds (online) and love it. If you go with latex and have a king size bed, consider the option where it's split in the middle as a king size latex mattress is extremely heavy.

Stefanie thanked Ann
  • kcooz07
    7 år sedan

Thanks for the info Ann, will check that out too. It is a king.

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Thanks, Ann. I figure I may do some things while I make up my mind on selling. We still want to but finding land we want to build on has been pretty challenging. I'll need a plan B.

I may look for some new pillow covers on the chairs to change it up and figure out that coffee table.

As for my mattress, it is king too. I also find it pretty heavy so I need my husband's help to change the sheets (I hurt my shoulder and it never was the same). That topper I added made it heavier but it's so comfortable that I can't take it off. Mine is made of-

Individually wrapped coils, edge & lumbar support, steel coil support base, organic cotton cover, and euro pillow top with a memory foam enhancement in the lumbar area.

• kcooz07
    7 år sedan

Stefanie & Ann...did you buy the foundation from them too? Our current set up has a box spring.

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Yes because my research told me it's always best to replace both at the same time.

• Ann
    7 år sedan

I actually put the new latex one on a new platform frame from West Elm, so it has all the close together wood slats under it and a foundation wasn't needed. If I hadn't used a platform base, I would have bought their foundation.

• Ramona
    7 år sedan

I have that set up Ann in my mother's former room. It is allergy proof and means you never have to buy another foundation.

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

I tend to like the extra oomph a foundation gives but I bought their slim version of both pieces so it's not overly stuffed looking. Any recommendations on where to find good bed frames? I have checked out Room and Board, West Elm, anthro, All Modern, CB2 to name a few. I'm now considering wood and very simple, clean lines, even a hint of mid century without going too far.

• Wendy
    7 år sedan

Round Belly Baskets (Set of 2) - Baskets & Storage | Serena and Lily · Mer info

Stefanie thanked Wendy
  • Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Wendy, hello! It's so nice to see you. I hope you are doing well and your kitchen is going great.

Thank you! I am trying to find a couple options and saw this one and liked it. What do you think? I am adding plants to several of the rooms and I feel so much better with the plants all around as silly as it may be. I have always liked that basket of yours too.

Round Planter · Mer info

• Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

It's still a baby for now as they only had 4 ft but I love it. I have some fabric samples coming to change up the look to something softer as well.

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

Hi Stef, I'm not sure what Ann had at first, but she now has a planter similar to the one you posted...but dark. This...

I cannot recall where she purchased it, ...? West Elm? I'm not sure... I left her a comment on my thread for you. :)

Btw, I like Wendy's basket (warm, textural) and your planter example (simple-clean/elegant)... just depends the look you prefer...or are after. :)

• Wendy
    7 år sedan
    Stefanie thanked Wendy
  • Stefanie
    Författare
    7 år sedan

Yes, I see a fica in most of the rooms in my near future and whatever else I find at the garden shop. I actually love going to my local garden shop even though I don't have the most green thumb. I kind of lean toward the WE as I am concerned the baskets aren't high enough for how big it should get. I'll snap a picture once I get the new pillows.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!

• Ann
    7 år sedan

Hi Stef. I did get my big planter from West Elm ( the one Zaz pictured). It's been great. My planter is pretty huge so I found a spinning tray to place under it to catch the water that comes out the hole in the bottom. It's been great because I just spin the pot to rotate the plant as it begins to grow in one direction. The pot with soil in it is super heavy so the spinning tray is great!

I love the simple one you found at WE. I think you'll love it.

Stefanie thanked Ann
  • marrymaid
    7 år sedan
    Stephanie, I have thought so often of you and Wendy as I love your design. I agree about the live greens in your rooms. I have a couple but always looking for those that require the least care.
  • zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

Hi Stef, as I was thinking of posting for you (having issues posting pics from Ipad)...you posted for me. lol

Have a terrific day everyone...no matter what you celebrate. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    7 år sedan

Hey Stef.... everyone...

• PRO
    Squirrel Stopper
    7 år sedan

Check out our product to make your exterior look good if you want to feed the birds and keep the squirrels away! https://www.houzz.com/pro/squirrelstopper

• PRO
    Shine Rugs
    6 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 6 år sedan

Big difference between the rooms with an area rug and the ones without it.

get an area rug.

In cowhide the best are

https://www.shinerugs.com/

Good luck!!!!

John

• PRO
    Archi
    6 år sedan

How about this device for interior design? http://kck.st/2yvvJBN

• PRO
    Archi
    6 år sedan

The device is for Interior design

• PRO
    Archi
    6 år sedan

• PRO
    Shine Rugs
    6 år sedan
    I would recommend this white designed patchwork cowhide rug it will give you a classic and modern look adding texture
  • tlparks
    6 år sedan

• zazfuzzroc
    6 år sedan

Stef, hope life is treating you well... :) Miss seeing you around...

• jbtanyderi
    6 år sedan
    In an open space, a rug anchors each furniture grouping. Rugs also help dampen room noise. The rug in your picture is dominating, but not providing much interest. I’m not sure why you feel the need for crown mouldings (which lower the apparent wall height). Take drapes right to the ceiling, and keep them at 2/12-3 times fullness.
    Sectionals aren’t very social. Separate sofas/loveseats and chairs make for easier conversations.
  • aiko scott
    5 år sedan

I found a lot of cute decoration on https://littlebarn.co especially this floating moon lamphttps://www.facebook.com/226744648020290/videos/519116561860315/

• zazfuzzroc
    5 år sedan

Hey Stef! So nice seeing your thread pop up... We have missed you! Hope you're doing okay, pop on when you can...alright? :)

• zazfuzzroc
    5 år sedan

Hi Stef! Hope all is well, it's been a while. Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! xo

Don't be a stranger... ;)

• felizlady
    4 år sedan

Stefanie, please post current pictures on a new thread, and tell us your current dilemma. We Houzzers can’t spend time going through 8000 comments to find out if you have made any progress over the years.

• zazfuzzroc
    4 år sedan

Sure we can Feliz, you seem to have lots of time... let's sit and read together. :)

• zazfuzzroc
    4 år sedan

Stef, I was just thinking about you and Wendy the other day... I hope you are doing well. Pop in when you can... we miss you!

Enjoy your summer... :)

• Anna Green
    4 år sedan

why are old posts on my latest xd Houzz is broken xd

• sanjosebet ASIAGOL
    4 år sedan

Thanks Stef! :) Well, I think your home is beautiful... and has a great layout. If you decided in the end... to stay, I would totally understand that. I also totally get you wanting land/space... I wanted that too. Then I pick a place in a development with not that big a yard! Lol

That's true, moving in a rental for a while and moving again = no fun.

I hope you find a bed soon... I need a mattress too, mine is like sleeping on a rock! Lol

ndividually wrapped coils, edge & lumbar support, steel coil support base, organic cotton cover, and euro pillow top with a memory foam enhancement in the lumbar judi bola

• felizlady
    4 år sedan

After more than 8000 comments, you need to remove the old questions and comments, give us current pictures and tell us what you need help with now.

• Yunior A
    4 år sedan

By now i guess this room is finish! you go 5 years already hahaha

• Yunior A
    4 år sedan

When it came to interior design it's limitless. However, Here at Exterior Stucco Resources help you to know all the facts about Exterior Stucco Traditional and Synthetic at skystuccosystems.ca

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.