fiscomi

kitchen backsplash

fiscomi
9 år sedan
I'm looking for some good and unique ideas for a kitchen backsplash. Something that not everyone else has. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Kommentarer (34)

• jesse89t
    9 år sedan
    A smokey glass subway tile 3x6 would look great with your kitchen set up.
    fiscomi thanked jesse89t
  • User
    9 år sedan
    I think the countertop is quite nice and deserves to be the 'star'. Something simple is a better long-term choice for your backsplash. One of the things that dates a kitchen quicker than anything is a 'unique' backsplash. I agree with jesse89t....a subway tile with grayish/greige undertones will look stunning. Or go with a creamy white subway tiles since it appears that the undertone in your countertop is not a pure white.

Here's something to get you going on ideas. From a blogger/decorator friend of mine.
    http://www.restylinghomebykellyblog.com/
    fiscomi thanked User
  • Simon Simon
    9 år sedan
    Subway tile :)
    fiscomi thanked Simon Simon
  • beachlily
    9 år sedan
    What about a solid sheet of glass ?
    fiscomi thanked beachlily
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    I would stay away from white subway and look for a warmer color subway if you go that route. Plug in the word "blacksplash" at the top of the page and get ready for a million ideas. Please share your choice.
    fiscomi thanked Marilyn Wilkie
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    9 år sedan
    Try the glass collection by Stone and Pewter Accents...
    Beach Cottage in Oceanside · Mer info
    fiscomi thanked Charmean Neithart Interiors
  • PRO
    Hyde Evans Design
    9 år sedan
    Here's another idea: if there are 12 x 12 tiles in the same stone, have them cut into 2 x 6's. Then lay them out in a running bind pattern with an 1/8th inch grout joint. Then pick a grout color that coordinates nicely but adds just enough contrast to show off the pattern. And, of course run it all the way up to the uppers. That way you've created interest but haven't battled with the counters.
    fiscomi thanked Hyde Evans Design
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    From a personal lesson in kitchen back splashes, if you have a busy pattern on your counter top then use a less busy color for the back splash. Usages of texture or pattern with a more solid color looks great.
    fiscomi thanked Leif
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Leif, good call! I saw a kitchen where expense was no issue. High end everything...unfortunately they didn't have any help coordinating all the elements and nothing worked together. Busy granite countertops; busy tiled backsplash, wood-toned cabinetry that didn't work with the wood flooring. Even the wall paint color was 'off'. Lots of money spent and it looked like a committee had put it together with everyone getting to choose their favorite element! Ugh! ;-) There were issues with the layout as well. :-(
    fiscomi thanked User
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    adivra is very correct, the usage of accessories is a great way to make any space look new or different. If you get your basic element correct to start with, then you can accessorize for years without any major changes.
    fiscomi thanked Leif
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks for all the info so far. Looks like I'm staying away from "unique" and going with something a little more subtle. What about something like this?

Vallejo Street · Mer info
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Or would this be to busy?
  • Jason Lepage
    9 år sedan
    My opinion on a fitting backsplash after considering your granite and appliances
    fiscomi thanked Jason Lepage
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Getting there ;-)
    fiscomi thanked User
  • PRO
    Design Your Kitchen and Bath
    9 år sedan
    I like the plank design of it, but maybe it is a little busy for your kitchen because it's has a few different shades/hues in it. A backsplash like this with one or two neutral colors could be used. Glad you saved this kitchen decision last so you can see the colors put together in your kitchen:-)
    fiscomi thanked Design Your Kitchen and Bath
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks for the input. After looking at all these pictures I'm starting to get backsplash overload.
  • Simon Simon
    9 år sedan
    fiscomi I love the last pic you posted
    fiscomi thanked Simon Simon
  • iidfa
    9 år sedan
    Would you be willing to do a travertine-like backsplash? Sorry I can't link. I'm a new member on house so I'm sort of just getting used to it haha!
    fiscomi thanked iidfa
  • iidfa
    9 år sedan
    *Houzz whoops! Also I found these interesting and unique, so I thought I'd show you them too :D
    fiscomi thanked iidfa
  • sedj20
    9 år sedan
    Try a coloured glass splash back pick out a colour from a blind or feature wall to follow through if possible
    fiscomi thanked sedj20
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    fiscomi I like the tiles that you chose, I would do the lightest tile of those and use only that. If it was laid one on top of the other (where grout lines were together), it would give it a little more modern approach than brick pattern.
    fiscomi thanked Leif
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    this is my shower tile, but the Vallejo Street tile in a single color laid like this would look good, horizontal not vertical.
    fiscomi thanked Leif
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks everyone. Leif, I'm leaning towards using that Walker Zanger Lucca tile that I posted. Do you think I should use the beige or grey? They are both pretty close in lightness. Also, does anyone know how much these tiles cost? Not many Walker Zangers in my area.
  • backsplashideas
    9 år sedan
    Glass tile is very modern, and with your rich colored cabinets a touch of color would be a beautiful addition. This is the glass Aspect tile in Fresh Sage.
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Well I might be going a different route than that Walker Zanger tile. It's a little more expensive than I would like to spend (roughly $60 a sq ft.) Does anyone know of a less expensive version of this kind of tile?

Vallejo Street · Mer info
  • anne dee
    9 år sedan
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0111311819952.html
    see the above for discussion on walker zanger subs etc.
    may help
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    fiscomi, I think if you just start looking for 6x16 tile or 3x8 tiles online, then find a tone that you like. I never go by brand because I typically am budget limited.. haha
  • PRO
    Sellers Tile Distributors
    9 år sedan
    Hi fiscomi,
    Playing devil's advocate, if you want something to stay with the kitchen's contemporary pulls, and stainless appliances, yet still modern in texture, Glazzio Tiles makes some great glass pieces. Could look awesome with the juxtaposition between the clean lines and old world of maybe the VS421 White Tulip and VS419 Fountain Grey ( http://www.glazziotiles.com/products/VERSAILLES%20SERIES.aspx) intermixed. The "backsplash overload" is certainly understandable, but you seem to have a pretty sharp vision of what YOU want. Good luck!
    fiscomi thanked Sellers Tile Distributors
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Here is another one that I found. I think with some white grout it would stand out just enough. They do have a couple other colors. Sand, taupe, and light grey. What do you guys think.

Sellers Tile Distributors, I tried to click that link but it did not work.
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    http://www.amestile.com/section.asp?pageid=25643 try this and prices look pretty good
    fiscomi thanked Leif
  • fiscomi
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Thanks Leif, I will definitely check out that site. What do you think about the tile that I posted in the above picture? I like the simplicity of it but I also like the texture.
  • Leif
    9 år sedan
    I do like the texture of it, but by the time that you grout it, the tile will be real busy.. and you already have busy granite. You can keep the texture and even the gradient color of it. I do suggest that you find something you like in a large tile like the 6x16 or even 3x8, remember that even the grout lines tend to act as an extra accent. I posted my back splash tile as a good example of to busy... If you have any random question feel free to email me. I have just completed my 2nd remodel in 2 yrs... I am not an expert, but I do have some good do's and don'ts from experience and picking peoples brains. lldaddow@gmail.com
  • PRO
    Julia & Elizabeth
    9 år sedan
    Everyone seems to do the subway tile these days. It is becoming very common.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.