toats

Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!

toats
9 år sedan
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed yesterday and will be installing white subway tile back splash. i am looking for a soft, predominately white kitchen with a country/vintage feel and a few hints of modern whimsy. I dont think i like the red stuff going on, it seems jarring to me so i think i want to paint the red stuff a gray/blue.

i could use some help! thanks!

Kommentarer (7,6k)

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

No prob with different color on backside, fine with me! And please don't bother sanding it anymore, that thing is gonna get used! It won't look pristine for long here :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    This is the back....Haha! Actually looks kinda cool in the picture. :) Btw, I received your email, that's crazy really? I'll discuss it there. Okay, I won't bug ya anymore. Lol :)
  • toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

AARGH love it! stop teasing me with the thing lol!

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan

Haha! Okay, sorry. I may use mine upside down now. I kinda like it. :D

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Okay Toats, I have a question?....I was going to wrap it in plastic and ship it in the cut down IKEA box, but I'm debating the plastic because of condensation. And it being freshly oiled. It's cold here of course, but it may be going from warm to cold and back. Do you think just in the box will be okay....better without the plastic? I'm thinking...yes. I'm wrapping it now. :) One more tease.....ha!
  • zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Haha! Look how huge yours is....in the picture, mine is the back left and it's pretty big. Yours is center front. :)
  • toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

if i could like that pic a hindred times i would :) yeah, just wrap it in the cardboard im sure itll be fine :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Okay, wrapping now! :)

• auntiebuzzybee
    9 år sedan

WOW, that is one impressive cutting board! Unbelievable, you won't be seeing anything like it around anywhere. And the colors of wood in it are SA-WEET. You lucky Goat, you! Wow, wow, wow. Wow! (sigh) I know there are going to be some fine creations made on that board. It will be used and used and used forEVER. It's sure going to a good home. Wow.

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

@Auntie, That was nice of you to say, thank you. I agree, it's going to a good home. It actually holds up to a knife pretty well...... though I definitely need mine sharpened. :) But we cannot forget, I'm getting a really cool duck too..... so cute! :)

@Toats, and get ready for a bicep workout..... that board ways a whopping 29lbs.! Lol :D

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Can't wait!!!

• auntiebuzzybee
    9 år sedan

Dang, you lucky goat, you!!!! hahahhahahaha. Thrilled for you, Toats. Its Perfect. Please do not paint it.

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

LOL I won't paint it I promise!

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Oh gosh....if you ever do paint it...don't post it, I can't look........ The sanding....noooooo! LOL :D

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Omg I would never!

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Yeah, I figured that....I'm just teasin' ya! :) I'm bored. :) Everyone else is on video games.

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

I'm never bored! I'm always doin something and leaving mr toats to himself then he gets bored and calls me boring lol.

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Lol :D That sounds about right. Ha! Please, I've been cleaning everyone's "stuff" up all day! And I cannot say how much laundry I have done. I have been doing it since about 8am and still have like 4 loads. And I do 3 loads a day, but this was that ....plus sheets, blankets...etc. I'm kinda glad they're busy....I get peace and can listen to my jazz. lol ;) Btw, I highly doubt you are boring. lol :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan
    Hi Toats, First off....really sorry that the cutting board is not there yet. :( And you have to wait till Monday.

But ....THANK YOU....duck and the dishcloths came and I absolutely LOVE them. I gave you a review on my kitchen post. I hope you don't mind, I gave out your shop info. The cloths are great, I'm not sure I want to use them...they feel so nice. :) And duck....forgedaboudit!....he is TERRIFIC! I'm definitely a future customer and I will pass the word on about your shop to whoever will listen. I'm not just giving you lip service, I am impressed. You do very nice work. Very cool! :)
    toats thanked zazfuzzroc
  • toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Yay! So glad you like! :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

I love it! :)

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Zaz my board arrived!!! Omg this thing is so bad ass! I LOVE it! Thank you so much! Seriously can't believe you did this for me :) you ROCK girlfriend.

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Hey girlfriend, right back at ya! You are very welcome! Trust me, I'm in love with duck and those dish cloths. You're pretty awesome too! :) I am very, very glad that you like it. I was anxious for you to receive it. Sorry it took a bit. Is it okay as far as size? Looks a tiny bit deeper than the counter. Looks great next to the stove! :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Hey... btw, you seem to like the back too. Haha! :)

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Yeah the back is super pretty lol. It does look great next to the stove, ima keep it there cause it's super easy to slide out when I wanna use it. It's really beautiful, it sure is. The size is perfect. It sticks out just a hair past the counter but that doesn't bother me one bit. And it didn't take long no worries there. Thanks a million zaz :)

• toats
    Författare
    9 år sedan

Oh and you gotta use the dishcloths! If you do any hand washing you'll see how great they are for that and then just toss em in the wash no more yuck sponge lol.

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

You're welcome toats. :) Enjoy it! :) It was an awesome trade! :)

• zazfuzzroc
    9 år sedan

Haha hey toats, those dish cloths are so soft, I may use one to wash my face at night. ;)

• Lainie D'Eon
    9 år sedan

toats love you "new" board!

• PRO
    Frusterio Design, Inc.
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

What a charming kitchen! The rustic, coastal look is very popular this
    year. We designed a home recently featured in Southern Living Magazine
    and since that seems to be some of the style you're looking for, I
    thought this photo may be helpful. I like your idea of keeping the
    country feel while adding modern touches. Wish you great success!

• auntiebuzzybee
    8 år sedan

Toats, your new board from Zazz is fabulous! Good heavens, you'll have that thing forever! It's a keeper and a great memento. It will look fantastic in whatever kitchen you ever have in your future.

• PRO
    User
    8 år sedan

Hello, toatsmcgoats! Can I vote for yellow chairs and tray...puppy will have more emphasis that way

• PRO
    User
    8 år sedan

I'd paint the door black and keep the chalkboard. I think you need to trim your buffet upper cabinet with the same trim scallop over your sink. I think it would be cute to paint that buffet upper cabinet interior in black ...just the back wall. Also maybe a vintage kitchen table more farmhouse style with Country French Ladder Back Chairs

toats thanked User
  • ybxhctq
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan
    OMG...toatsmcgoats, you should be blogging and making a profit!!! I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread!!!
    toats thanked ybxhctq
  • toats
    Författare
    8 år sedan

ok so i thought id put some final pics of the kitchen for anyone who comes across this thread later, its allll done finally!

• toats
    Författare
    8 år sedan

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

just another awful space. Geez, I cant even believe you would post these HAHAHA... Cheers Toats' another awesome room! Hope all is well.

toats thanked flair lighting
  • mkritt
    8 år sedan

Every time I see pictures of any room in your house toats, I literally sigh...so beautiful.

I hope the realtor uses your pictures for your home listing. They are so well done. So many times on those listings the pictures are of such poor quality.

toats thanked mkritt
  • juliab51
    8 år sedan

Kritter's right. Your photos really show off your unique home, and since most people do their house hunting online, there is no excuse for the poor quality snapshots one often sees.

• stryker
    8 år sedan

I agree with kritter and julia. Have you shown your realtor your pictures, toats? I have a hard time imagining anyone will take better ones. The pictures of your bedrooms and bathrooms are especially fantastic.

• auntiebuzzybee
    8 år sedan

Oh Flair, you always strike a happy chord with me and I agree, and clean this mess up, will 'ya???

Toats, those chair back covers REALLY are totally tuning in with the rest of all the beauty, quirk and warmth. I LOVE THEM, how bout you? You love 'em???

Tomorrow is the official open the flood gates to buyers day, huh? Yeah, I'll be there this weekend with my offer (just wishing unfortunately)

Did ya get the quilt squares finished? Did you change out the paddle fan, BTW?

• PRO
    flair lighting
    8 år sedan

ya, when your dealing with Toats' you just have to be straight forward ahahahaha.

• PRO
    TheFurnitureCollection
    8 år sedan

How did your Open Day to buyers go?

• auntiebuzzybee
    8 år sedan

Judith, they are scouting for a new place to move since they sold this beauty in a week. Nobody was surprised but Toat's, I think.

• PRO
    Timothy Rivers Interiors
    8 år sedan

Great Work.

I have a blog post that may offer a little inspiration

http://www.timothyriversinteriors.com/blog/2015/10/16/10-spaces-to-inspire-your-next-remodel

Happy Designing!

• PRO
    Mark Stewart Home Design
    8 år sedan

You can keep the bold accent colors, but in this home we went with soft white cabinets, with a soapstone colored counter-top and went with the blue island with gray walls and white trim..This works well when you have one mass of a popped color like the island..

Harney Bungalow (M-2405CRD) · Mer info

• PRO
    Mark Stewart Home Design
    8 år sedan

Here is the chalkboard door idea, in white.. I like the red you have as well.

• PRO
    Squirrel Stopper
    7 år sedan

Check out our product to make your exterior look good if you want to feed the birds and keep the squirrels away! https://www.houzz.com/pro/squirrelstopper

• gillis95
    4 år sedan

Can I ask where you got that plate rack? You did a great update!! This is the exact layout of our century farmhouse kitchen and my goal to redo!

• Anna Green
    4 år sedan

Really nice final room! I loved the cabinets!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.