houzzau

Throwback Thursday: Do you like animal prints on walls?

HouzzAU
9 år sedan
Animal prints can be traced to the fashion trends of the 1950s when leopard prints first emerged. These days, modern interiors still feature embrace the style including these zebra print feature tiles.
Are you a fan or using animal prints on interior walls?
Zebra Print Feature Tile · Mer info
Yes
No
It depends. (Give reasons below!)

Kommentarer (55)

• Susan Lawson
    9 år sedan
    A little goes a long way, but that's their beauty. I have 2 small zebra pillows on my sofa, along with some others. They make the whole thing pop. But anymore would be like putting exclamation points at the end of every sentence!! Don't you agree?!!
  • nosim
    9 år sedan
    Not a fan.
  • anne dee
    9 år sedan
    yes. As accents
    My Houzz: Rustic Meets Refined in a Converted Ohio Barn · Mer info
  • Rosanne
    9 år sedan
    No. Too busy. Your eyes can't find a place to rest.
  • Susan Wigginton
    9 år sedan
    Hi, I think I must like them as I am having a Zebra print kitchen installed this week, it will be FANTASTIC
  • PRO
    WA WALLPAPER
    9 år sedan
    How wonderful for you, I installed a Scalamandre wallpaper on the walls of a vanity room recently, a gold background with black and white Zebra's, the client's absolutely loved the effect. Will have to dig out the pics :)
  • Melody Harshbarger
    9 år sedan
    Absolutely
  • bungalowmo
    9 år sedan
    I can see where it could be used, maybe in a teenager's room, or as AVS mentioned, in a powder room.

Personally, not my style, but I can see it in certain situations.
  • Jennifer Hogan
    9 år sedan
    As with most things if done right it can be beautiful, if done wrong it can be overwhelming.
  • PRO
    Interior Concepts Ltd.
    9 år sedan
    Yes I do love animal prints, but will only use it sparingly in an interior space . . . Area rug, throw pillows, or a bedspread. Nothing more.
  • doubleditto
    9 år sedan
    It depends on what others colors you have in your house.
  • anne dee
    9 år sedan
    see how this small black and white animal pillow print keeps this room from being flat.
    it makes the room come alive!
    Contemporary Beach Living Room · Mer info
  • Eliza Osenbaugh-Stewart
    9 år sedan
    Difficult to pull off, but gorgeous when done right!
  • sensiblegal
    9 år sedan
    Animal print doesn't really match my personality so I don't use it, but if it matches the personality of the person, why the heck not? I say let your personality show in your house. Do you want people to think they've walked into any generic house or that they've walked into YOUR house? I love the example shown in the article with the orange/red wall. Also, the bathroom wallpaper and the cheetah stairs are fab too. I always like to see people who aren't afraid to express themselves.
  • Helen
    9 år sedan
    I like the zebra probably because it's black and white.
  • Masaarjosephine Njoh
    9 år sedan
    I Like changing my wall colors at least once every year
  • junipergirl
    9 år sedan
    Gawd, no! I really do not like it. I also don't like flower prints too much either, so there you go! I prefer solid colours. Just me!
  • 소연 박
    9 år sedan
    if you want to have a animal's printing, how about using interior goods; cushions,carpets,framework on the wall.
  • jewicker
    9 år sedan
    There's probably a tasteful way to make this pattern work on every wall in a room without making it look like over-kill, but I haven't yet found it.
  • mabhe
    9 år sedan
    Again in small amounts, such as pics shown of cushions. The only animal print I actually like and would use is zebra print.
  • backsplashideas
    9 år sedan
    As accents and when it goes well in a particular room, animal prints can work wonderfully!
  • PRO
    Pam Ozment Designs
    9 år sedan
    Fabulous! Love those cheetah stairs and that powder bath pictured above! As with any bold print, it must be used correctly.
    Don't want to end up with "Walmart Safari".....
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    9 år sedan
    Love it !
  • wernerbenda
    9 år sedan
    Yes but used as accents and not in formal living.
  • cyabajah
    9 år sedan
    yes yes yes ....depends also on the type of print and the neutral blends
  • Susan
    9 år sedan
    No. I made a vow never to work with wallpaper again...hate the stuff! As a perfectionist, it took 16 hours to hang correctly, and get it done.

The cheetah stairway runner is kind of cute.
  • User
    9 år sedan
    No.
  • schmooopie
    9 år sedan
    CHEETAH STAIRS ARE THE GROOVIEST
  • eewalker
    9 år sedan
    I love to accent with leopard. I have an eclectic western/Tuscan décor.
  • cyabajah
    9 år sedan
    i second the cheetah stairs....awesome
  • Masaarjosephine Njoh
    9 år sedan
    like animal paint more especially tiger
  • yooko
    9 år sedan
    Big no!
  • sweetestpony
    9 år sedan
    No way!
  • anne dee
    9 år sedan
    How about as wallpaper for computer
  • anne dee
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    or this for the wall as a pic
  • PRO
    Metro Tiles Geebung
    9 år sedan
    Animal print tiles have been popular for bathrooms, feature walls or framing them and used as works of art. Our animal print tiles are hand - painted and various animal prints can be purchased such as zebra, giraffe, leopard and tiger, they are a 400mm x 400mm tile.
  • yooko
    9 år sedan
    Too crowded if animal printing on house.
  • marjie1059
    9 år sedan
    anne dee, my opinion is that the zebra pillow is out of place in that room. It doesn't keep the room from looking "flat", but makes me go, "huh? Why is that pillow there?"
    I think it would make more sense to have accent pillows that use the colors of the orchids and/or the vivid green in the art pieces. Either of those colors would blend with and complement the rest of the room.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 år sedan
    Yes but absolutely NOT if anything real. That belongs to the animal and beauty in nature. No to skins, ivory, heads, taxidermy,...just take photos and teach. Preserve.
  • Ali
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Just pictures of animals wearing their own prints.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 år sedan
    I wonder how long this (these) poll runs. It's been revived in the last thirty days : / ?
  • ladyrob1
    8 år sedan

Big White Hunter syndrome inspired animal prints? Horrible! Sexy animal instinct clothes on women? Horrible! Unless a beautiful print depicting the animal free in the wild...and with ALI = "pictures of animals wearing their own prints!"
    Do not understand what sentiment inspires those who would if they could, have animal skins in their decor...some poor creature would have had to die to satisfy their vanity! What's the attraction even with prints and fabrics...some sense of power or attraction?
    A definite NO from me.

• User
    8 år sedan

Not sure what animals could climb up walls to leave prints, but I wouldn't like it.

• Luke Buckle
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

I once painted my fridge in zebra stripes. It didnt stay that way for long. I was young.

• Lynne Mysliwiec
    8 år sedan

You can use surface graphics now, Luke :-)

• ladyrob1
    8 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 8 år sedan

@ chookchook2 Very funny play on words! What about some of those lizards with suction caps on their feet...or frogs...although not mammals, still animals, they walk up vertical surfaces...and...just to make this light...in Charleville, Far Nth Qld. big green frogs live under the rims of toilets and.....yep, I screamed my lungs out when a couple attached themselves to my bare behind! I was the brunt of jokes at the pub for weeks!
    @ Luke Buckle....still copies of animal skins...what is it with people who need to have what I regard as a "trophy of the kill" on their wall or wear the skin...even if its imitation? Crocodile skin shoes? UGH. Fake Lepoard skin trim on boots...double UGH...Graphics of animal skins to stick on things? Still don't like the idea. Have a friend here at present...she likes the patterns and has a leopard skin patterned dress and a pair of boots.....I asked her what the attraction was....just the pattern, she loves animals, especially cats...but still there's this hunter thing....don't get it but each to his/her own. Glad I'm not married to a man who loves animal kill trophies..couldn't stand it. But then...I buy only leather shoes and I eat meat and love leather upholstered furniture...where do I think that comes from? MMMM Tis a puzzlement! Could never come at a real animal skin on the floor...but I like my lambswool underlay and my wooly sheepskin mat????? Double standard hypocrit? Pot calling the kettle?

• wuff
    8 år sedan
    Ladyrob, I know that feeling .... I hate animal heads real or fake but I also wear leather and eat meat.???!!!
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    8 år sedan

Yes, if done with taste and ...less is more.

• ladyrob1
    8 år sedan

@ wuff...thanks! Now I know I am not alone in my confliction!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.