trevis58

Need storage above desk

George Trevis
9 år sedan
I'm desperate to build a number of shelves above my desk.
It must have shelves for heavy printers and books. DVDs etc.
The wall is just plaster board behind. Any ideas? Kind of L shaped.

Kommentarer (10)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    9 år sedan
    Can have floating shelves but the artwork would need to be removed.
  • George Trevis
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    It's a grade II * listed building so the desk looks great it's just clattered! I need a book case above it. Cheers
  • PRO
    Atelier Design LLC
    9 år sedan
    The separation for the kitchen to the space is some what defined by the pantry cabinet. could you possible use upper cabinets similar to the ones in the kitchen. This would give the effect that it is a built in and was all done at the same time. Maybe use a door with a glass panel so it doesn't appear so heavy.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 år sedan
    What is a grade 11 listed building I am not familiar withthat trem?
  • George Trevis
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    1736 build manor house
    Protected by English heritage
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
    9 år sedan
    I think you should definitely get rid of the filing cabinet. It brings down the mood of the space. Then I would turn your desk to the side wall and use the big wall for shelving and cabinets.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 år sedan
    I like that idea.
  • George Trevis
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    It's shelving I want above the desk.
    I pretty happy with everything else.
    Thanks
  • mfwolfe
    9 år sedan
    Not really understanding what the question is. But if you want shelving and there are protections against some construction I guess you have to follow those rules. If you take the printer off the top of the file cabinet you will probably have room for two shelves. Is that worth the bother?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.