julieellen

Chandelier Decision

julieellen
9 år sedan
Hello ! Your advice is needed desperately to help me make a decision! I have been coveting the eucalyptus chandelier for my newly renovated dining room, but it was way out of my budget.... Ochre recently had a store sample sale and I secured it for less than half price.... However, after I paid and was organising shipping.... I was advised that the sample is not a dimmable light as per original description.... I still love the fixture and the sale price ... But will 1000 lumen light level be too bright for dinner parties? I've attached dr photos and a pic of the light... I can't return it once it's shipped so need to decide now... But I could never afford a new dimmable version either! ThoughtS?

Kommentarer (29)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 år sedan
    Not sure about this particular light but usually almost any light source is dimmable and these have LEDs so not sure what the difference would be.
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I know the electrician installed his side of the wiring in the dining room to allow for a dimmable fixture.... But the company has emailed me and said they have revised the tax invoice to say non dimmable.... I have sent back a message to see if it can be converted to dimmable and am waiting a response. They have said that it is perfect for a dining room, but my electrician says 1000 lumens will be too bright?
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Just wondering if there were any other opinions regarding light levels? Thanks :-)
  • hatetoshop
    9 år sedan
    Not sure if this will be helpful, but I found a site that lists the requirements, based on square footage:
    http://maximlighting.com/fpage_lighting_need.aspx
  • Luke Buckle
    9 år sedan
    How are you going with your decision? Here's a calculator as long as you also have a figure of the 'luminous efficacy in lumens per watt:' http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/light/lumen-to-watt-calculator.htm
  • PRO
    Custom Lighting
    9 år sedan
    Hi Patricia, 1000lms should be fine. This is equivalent to a good quality downlight. You could have a chat to your electrician, he may be able to replace the driver with a dimmable driver and all will be ok. But honestly, 1000lms is fine, it is quite a diffused fitting judging by your image.
  • togetherbydesign
    9 år sedan
    I agree with Custom Lighting...like your rooms very much...go for it!
  • dclostboy
    9 år sedan
    I love my ochre dining fixture...I agree that an electrician should be able to replace the driver, just depends on how complicated.
  • smaroulis
    9 år sedan
    I changed the switch to a dimmer myself- takes 5 minutes- make sure you have the power off.
  • Julie Labbé
    9 år sedan
    If you think it is too bright, why not unscrew a few? Go with your gut and what you love!! You are the one who has to live with it.
  • Saskalily
    9 år sedan
    You love it, you have planned your reno around it, when you get the lumen issue dealt with it will be your victory! You will feel such satisfaction. If it is to bright and electrical changes cannot help, you can adapt your decorating to over come it. Enjoy.
  • PRO
    Design By Pisces
    9 år sedan
    If the 1000 lumen is incandescent then yes it is dimable if it is pl type then it might not depends on the dimmer . This info is from my husband who is a electrian in Canada ,Ontario
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 år sedan
    If you really love it go for it. Bulbs can always be replace with lower watts.
  • julieharrison
    9 år sedan
    Dimmer on light switch! I put it on all my lights. Saves energy too.
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I decided to go with my instinct and bought the light! It's arrived from the Uk and the electrician will be here on tues or wed to install! So exciting.... Apparently because they are small leds it's the transformer which would need to be changed.... The dimmer bit is already installed in the wall section.... I think I'll just hook it up initially and see how the light level is before we bother changing the transformer..... Deco.... Which fitting do you have?
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Oh.... And don't mind the rug.... It will be replaced when I get up to furniture :-)
  • mennenster
    9 år sedan
    Don't buy it. It is ugly.
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Are you speaking from first hand experience?
  • mennenster
    9 år sedan
    Just the photo.
  • marsia
    9 år sedan
    mennenster, jees, heard of manners?
  • qofmiwok
    9 år sedan
    I can't tell what it's made of but it seems really cool!
  • julieellen
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I love it :-)
  • marsia
    9 år sedan
    Wow, just perfect for the space! So elegant!
  • PRO
    Custom Lighting
    9 år sedan
    PERFECT! great job :)
  • Alicia Jeffcoat
    9 år sedan
    Very cool and modern! I love it!
  • Theresa Toler
    9 år sedan
    Why wouldn't installing a dimmer switch on the wall work? I've used these many times and they've always worked for me with anything....
  • Saskalily
    9 år sedan
    I love the light and shadow effects on the wall.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.