BABY Girl Nursery PAINT color

Raluca
9 år sedan
Hello dear houzzers,
I'm stuck on what color pink to pain the walls for our baby girl. We are going for an antique, elegant look with white furniture, very few pink accents and light pink walls. I don't want the room to scream PINK, I want it to scream feminine and classy. I went out and got about 8 samples of pink. I would almost like a tan/pink to match the carpet. I posted a few pictures of the nursery, some of the samples on the wall and the few furniture pieces I have. Please share your ideas, I need help deciding.
One more question, what color curtains would you think would go with this room? I was thinking ivory or white...any thoughts? Thank you so much!

Kommentarer (206)

• Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    The lampshade is done, such a great feeling when u DIY! :) before and after pics. Now i just have to figure out what to fill it with.
  • User
    9 år sedan
    Baby teeth? Just kidding.

Lamp and dresser are darling!
  • Teri Fronabarger
    9 år sedan
    We are not afraid of pink at our house. My granddaughter picked this out for our girls room. Personally I like the Wild Aster with a little Pinkish
  • Eileen
    9 år sedan
    Maybe fill that lamp with wooden baby blocks?!
  • bluebird0211
    9 år sedan
    My eye is drawn to 'Tuffy'. What a fun and exciting project to be working on! Before you know it she will be here adding the final sparkle to the room.
  • bluebird0211
    9 år sedan
    I now see you have made your color choice and it is just beautiful! Your room is coming together!
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    Your lamp turned out beautiful. Here is an idea you may like to fill it with. Where did you get your lamp?
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    I found these gems on save-on-crafts.com.
  • angelasofia_la
    9 år sedan
    Pink ground seems more elegant to me. Congratulations on your baby girl! :)
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Cathy, lamp is from Home Goods, a friend gave it as a gift. I was also thinking baby blocks with her name spelled out. I found some on etsy, but we dont have the name yet :).
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    I like that idea of using blocks. If the blocks don't fit or lay just right, so you can see the name, you can always put the blocks on a shelf. I have seen that done and it looks cute.
  • hollywaterfall
    9 år sedan
    You could always put up the names you are thinking of and we could help decide that with you too. :) j/k (It's WAY too personal a thing imo to let the internet decide).
  • Ann
    9 år sedan
    Beautiful paint color!
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Hollywaterfall, im ok with sharing the names because I am down to 3 and I cant decide. I was just talking about this with my co-workers!

Olivia
    Giuliana
    Natalia

Feel free to "vote" your favorite
  • shars55
    9 år sedan
    They are all beautiful names! You will know when you see her for the first time which one will be perfect!
    Raluca thanked shars55
  • Natalie
    9 år sedan
    Natalia - of course. :)
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    so no baby blocks until then :)
  • Rider66
    9 år sedan
    You could get lia blocks
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    Olivia. But it's weird voting for a name when it is such a personal thing.
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Cathy, it will still be our decision, I just like to hear what people think of the names.
  • Nancy Walton
    9 år sedan
    It would depend on the last name.
  • PRO
    Toks Aruoture
    9 år sedan
    Powder puff or pink ground for classy elegant as it looks a bit dusty. Truth is it depends on how much light comes into the room- have a look at different times of the day.
  • wiepje
    9 år sedan
    wilde aster
  • hollywaterfall
    9 år sedan
    :P 37218, they are all beautiful names. My own daughter is Natalie named after my grandmother Natalia but I also like Olivia. I prefer Juliana with a J and I think the G is much more "italian" and not as commonly used anymore.
  • goodewyfe
    9 år sedan
    All great names. As far as the color, I love the Nursery 1 & 2 photos posted by Natalie. I would ask the decorator who did that nursery what color she used.
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Crib is here!! I love the color of the wall with the furniture.
  • shars55
    9 år sedan
    Adorable crib!!
  • hollywaterfall
    9 år sedan
    Lovely! That picture really showcases how the paint matches the carpet. Well done!
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    More progress... And I'm loving it! I recommend pink ground to everyone. Found gorgeous flower embedded curtains at ikea for a steal price! Still have to make them a bit shorter.
  • Nancy Walton
    9 år sedan
    Why don't you just raise the rod the needed amount? Looks like you have plenty of room.
  • Natalie
    9 år sedan
    Yes-Nancy is right-hang'em higher... The sample pic shows them a bit on the floor-hmmm. The room looks Great thus far...
    [houzz=
    Girl's Nursery · Mer info
    ]
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    They are 10" too long
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    You can also blouse them out at the tie backs. The ten inches should be just enough length for that.
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    How is the nursery coming along? I haven't seen any pictures lately.
  • PRO
    Eskandari Stone
    9 år sedan
    I like wild aster paint color.
  • km kane
    9 år sedan
    you could add snails and puppy dog tails to the lamp jar....

Or something else not predictably girl-like. You know, just to give the kid a different perspective.

Cute dresser! Enjoy your precious wonder xoxoxoxox I
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Cathy, no update on the nursery. We have not done anything else. I ordered the wall decals, designed like the attached drawing. Will post pic once we put them up. We have a french provincial mirror that we have to sand down and paint white and still have to hem the curtains. Baby is due January, we still have some time but I hate doing things last minute. We also plan on remodeling the bathroom that baby girl will be using. It's outdated.
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    How exciting. My birthday is in January too. Not that that matters to you, but, just sayin. I like the idea of the butterflies. I found these butterfly and flower battery operated lights that hang on the corners of the door or on the wall, and I thought about you. I ordered them for myself for in my bathroom. I think they will make nice night lights. I have a small picture of flowers with butterflies that I will use in the bathroom too. We are redoing the bathroom this month. I haven't received the corner butterflies yet. I'll take a picture when they get here and send it to you. Did you design the decals yourself? They are going to look so cute.
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Wall decals from Etsy.
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Another dilemma... I bought this french provincial mirror for the nursery. I have to paint it white and was planning to hang it on the wall above the dresser. But now that the room is filling in with furniture and everything else, i dont know if I still like having a big mirror over the dresser. It's either the mirror or 2 - 3 staggered shelves for books, piggy bank, picture frame, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you!
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    I could always use the mirror for the bathroom we plan to redo, paint it silver.
  • PRO
    User
    9 år sedan
    Pink Ground.....
    it has the right shade to work with both; antiques and classy...(sophisticated)
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Kimmy, pink ground i chose! Thanks
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    Hi, It's nice to see a face put to this project. I would keep the mirror for so many reasons. Don't second guess yourself and your choices. Your doing a great job decorating your baby's room. I really like the mirror. It will reflect more light into the room, making it more cheery, and what little girl doesn't want a mirror to admire herself in. I can picture her as a little girl brushing her hair and putting on ribbons. Babies like to look in the mirror too. There should be plenty of room on the walls to put shelves and art work, etc.
  • Nancy Walton
    9 år sedan
    You could use the top of the dresser as a changing table. Just buy the pad that has the curved sides and a belly strap, get a basket that has sections, spray paint it pink and put your baby powder, Q-tips, nasal syringe, wipes and diapers in it
  • Raluca
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    Nancy, that's what I was planning. The lamp wont probably fit on the dresser anymore.
  • hollywaterfall
    9 år sedan
    Love the mirror but shelves somewhere are more useful. Do you have a bookshelf planned or just a basket of books on the floor? Oh and I'm sure you know this but it's also a good idea to attach heavy furniture to the wall (they make bookshelf strap things).That way baby can't pull it down on top of itself and get hurt.
  • sweeps22
    9 år sedan
    What about filling the lamp with shades of pink gumballs
  • PRO
    Mzhottie
    9 år sedan
    Maybe a cherry blossom color just a idea for the room .. The color not the decal
  • cathyheggens
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    Hi, I haven't checked in for a long time. How are you? Have you had the baby yet? Did you finish the baby's room? I would love to see pictures and I'm sure everyone else would too.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.