houzzuk

POLL: Kitchen cabinets with or without handles?

HouzzUK
9 år sedan
We're seeing a lot of sleek kitchens on Houzz at the moment. Minimalism is definitely a key trend, with no knobs or handles in sight.

What have you opted for in your kitchen? Do you prefer a kitchen with our without handles Get opinionated in the comments section!
With handles!
Without handles!

Kommentarer (21)

• Tony McIntyre
    9 år sedan
    I prefer with handles because they add a bit extra to the kitchen
  • Karin Madgwick
    9 år sedan
    I can't vote on this because each has its place depending on the style of the home. Personally at this time I am trending towards sleek modern stream lined so no handles.
  • Olena Tkach
    7 år sedan

My fingers got stuck while trying to open my friends' kitchen kabinets with no handles so many times that I totally don't want any of these in my house =). I'd rather opt for nice big handles.

• User
    7 år sedan
    Too much sleek can = bleak. Handles can really personalise a kitchen and I think I'd get bored of just being surrounded by a sea of plain doored units. Bit soulless.
  • PRO
    ITFITZ
    7 år sedan

Definitely with handles, however if you do not want them to be obvious, why not try flush cabinet handles?

• PRO
    Interior View Design
    7 år sedan

I feel that no handles is the way to go, specially nowadays as most companies do push to open and along with soft close I feel this all adds to the longevity of a kitchen ..... No more wobbly drawer runners that have been twisted when opening .....No more hinges being pulled away from the carcass sides through heavy handedness..... No more catching clothing on a handle too specially when carrying hot item!..... and finally No handles means no handles handleless is a miss used term the top run integrated "U" channel is still a handle and along with some other handle types = lots of cleaning therefore No handles = equals less and easier cleaning. There is no reason why a kitchen should look bleak or uninteresting without them ,that is down to the designer to give it the wow factor. So long as manufactures provide a good range of colours [but that is for another poll].

• J&R K
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I think it depends on the style of kitchen. The two kitchens in the pictures at the top both look right as they are. That long wall of units in the second one would look less good broken up by visible handles, but the one above it needs them.

I agree with Interior View Design that "push to open" is the way to go for the smooth minimalist look. We lived with integrated top channel handles for years and I vetoed having them in our new kitchen as they were annoying dirt traps.

• PRO
    Design Solutions
    7 år sedan

In the right space, decorative handles can always be an interesting feature.

• gillianhodson
    7 år sedan
    I made a conscious decision to have handles on my new kitchen doors a couple of years ago, mainly because I think they add a classic touch but also because I didn't want torn and broken nails struggling with "handle-less doors. It was important that the handle was big enough to get all four fingers through. Also I would not want finger marks on the doors from a push to open system.
  • PRO
    Art de Vivre Studio
    7 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 7 år sedan

I would say no handles especially in a contemporary kitchen for several reasons but again, sometimes they can have a decorative purpose. However, handles always work well in a classic / traditional kitchen.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    7 år sedan

I prefer no handles, I think it gives a contemporary finish and streamlines the units. Also stops little ones from opening all the bottom cupboards, my 3 year old hasn't worked this out yet! :)

Shannon

• Rob Rock
    7 år sedan
    no handles on cupboards, handles on drawers
  • tamp75
    7 år sedan
    I think it depends on the kitchen. I like push to open doors but saw this once on a shaker style kitchen & the handleless looked odd, more like they'd forgotten to put handles on. Personally have crystal knobs on my (traditional) kitchen drawers & cupboards & I love them. Look beautiful in the sunlight too!
  • PRO
    Interior View Design
    7 år sedan

It is a very interesting point made about shaker kitchen [or to be honest any non contemporary kitchen]..... my thought would be then to use something like ITFITZ showed this would then be a just purely decorative element to give the kitchen that softer more traditional feel ..... Also very easy then to keep clean and maintain without being intrusive on the use and overall look.

• leannethomas
    7 år sedan
    We opted for no handles in our new kitchen as we wanted a sleek, modern look. However, it shows up all the finger/hand marks and I'm constantly wiping it over. It bothers me so much that we are now looking for handles to put on. Something to think about if you're in the process of installing a new kitchen.
  • PRO
    MBH Carpentry and Joinery Ltd.
    7 år sedan
    I went for without handles because it makes a kitchen look free flowing and in some cases i think it adds more space not having a handle sticking out, but that's just my opinion.
  • PRO
    Russell J Milligan
    7 år sedan

It all depends on the style of the kitchen, In my view both look great in their right place. I also think you can put the right handles on sleek modern kitchens and handleless with shaker doors, no rules, just design choices!

• PRO
    PWJ Architects Ltd
    7 år sedan

A holistic approach would be beneficial in terms of styling spaces based on the buildings character. Try to keep fixtures and fittings relatively similar throughout spaces to denote a sense of continuity.

www.pwjarchitects.com

• Stephen Edwards
    7 år sedan

I like the idea of no handles in a sleek ,modern, kitchen; however, push and pop open doors would be very vulnerable to my nosey spaniels.

• PRO
    Bath Bespoke
    7 år sedan

Hard choice, both work well in different situations. We're seeing a lot of inbuilt handles in slab cabinets.

Blue Modern Kitchen · Mer info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.