edubya

POLL: Hand Chairs - Yes or No?

Emily H
9 år sedan
How do you feel about chairs that look like hands? Do you want one of your very own or do you shy away from this kind of furniture?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Vanillawood · Mer info
Yes - Love them!
NO - I'll pass
Other - Tell us below!

Kommentarer (24)

• PRO
    Mottl Cabinetry
    9 år sedan
    It depends how strong of a statement it makes. In a way its bold and striking, but thats exactly what some spaces need. In the photo above, the chair does a great job balancing the white space, however, it feels a little bit ominous and scary. I would go with black, but perhaps use something that calls for less attention. The coffee table makes a statement and so do the two "funky" chairs. Perhaps too many items that have eclectic things going on?
    Emily H thanked Mottl Cabinetry
  • grobby
    9 år sedan
    I'll pass. Wonder if they're comfortable?
    Emily H thanked grobby
  • zweiback
    9 år sedan
    I think if I was into Marvel and DC comic book art, Roy Lichtenstein's pop paintings, and other similar types of work and colors and had an all modern-decor house, a hand chair would fit perfectly. It seems out of place in the picture above.
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    9 år sedan
    Ändrades senast: 9 år sedan
    I agree -- only in the proper setting, LOL...otherwise, mostly a no.
    http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/B5/BA8BDC6C1F6CCB6BF82A3EA7047FD_h296_w526_m2_bblack_q99_p99_cpVpqwKxt.jpg
  • Tai Brock Marley Chevelle
    9 år sedan
    reminds me of bruce lee enter the dragon movie.. The dude with the hands.
  • PRO
    Michael Lee, Inc
    9 år sedan
    not!
  • lindabuzz
    9 år sedan
    I like the idea of pulling black in the room since you have printed black curtains in the adjacent area. I would remove the hand chair looks a little strange to me. Maybe you like the interesting shape and solid color of the chair. Would you consider removing or recovering the fabric chairs...you could select a fabric to pull a hint of black into the space. You could also get a rug with a more vibrant color to pull the room and bold red and blue painting together.
  • Susan
    9 år sedan
    I could see this in décor with a very modern flair. The chair would not look right in my home, but I could see it in a very contemporary home.
  • PRO
    User
    9 år sedan
    any chair from design within reach
    :)
  • bungalowmo
    9 år sedan
    Nope! I'd love the massaging chair I sat in for my pedi on Friday tho!!
  • elefantenkitzle
    9 år sedan
    On first sight amusing - on second sight boring - on third sight annoying! Not a good investment.
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9 år sedan
    In this setting, no. In another application, with less going on, I think it might really work! - Janis, GKB
  • Susan
    9 år sedan
    I agree. I think it belongs in a home or office that is contemporary modern, with minimal accessories.
  • chefellen
    9 år sedan
    I say do what makes you feel good; you only live once and if you want a hand on your behind everytime you sit down....go for it.
  • Najeebah
    9 år sedan
    @ chefellen: LOL i did not think of it like that! OMW You gave me a great laugh :D
  • Najeebah
    9 år sedan
    I've seen some that I really liked, though not the one in the picture above
  • Sandra Mendes
    9 år sedan
    No way, it does not even look nice in the picture. But I agree that in a more minimalist setting, maybe, but that is a big maybe.
  • PRO
    DBK Home
    9 år sedan
    I think there is a place for them where they can add a whimsical accent or a statement. Think of someone in the art world using it in their home office, or in a playroom as a fun and playful accent piece. There is definitely a space where they work and in turn spaces that should avoid them at all cost!
  • A&R bought a ranch
    9 år sedan
    I love it but then again I had one of the shoe chairs forever.
  • PRO
    Gilmans Kitchens and Baths
    9 år sedan
    I think they have their place in design.
    -Angeline, GKB
  • sandradclark
    9 år sedan
    Yes, I am chair crazy. I would buy every designer chair possible if I had the money & the room. Well, if I had the money, I would buy them all & rotate them out of & into storage.
  • User
    9 år sedan
    For me NO, maybe in a kids room or a man cave.
  • ocotillaks
    9 år sedan
    @River Valley Cabinet Works: You summed up my thoughts perfectly. I kind of reminds of Another Cinderella Story and the white hand chair in the living room.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.