svellino

Two different floors in one room!

svellino
9 år sedan
Just bought a new house and the downstairs floor is one room that used to be two rooms. On one side of the room, there are beautiful, wide wood slats on the other side of the room there is plywood. I have no idea what to do with these rooms. I would like to keep the original flooring, but can't picture a way in which that would look good. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Kommentarer (5)

• PRO
    Space & Place Interiors
    9 år sedan
    Can you change the plywood room to have wide plank reclaimed wood flooring that might be closer to the boards in the other room? Then refinish all in the same color and that will make it all more cohesive. If budget or circumstances don't allow that, then perhaps a large (only leave a foot or so around the edges so that most of the floor is covered) area rug in the plywood floored room would help minimize the obvious difference in flooring. Maybe even something like FLOR tiles that you can get in the custom size you need for a reasonable price?
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    9 år sedan
    I don't completely understand - - the room straight ahead and the room peeking out on the right of your pic look like the flooring is the same - right? And the darker floor in the front in your pic seems to have the same wide board flooring but a different wood? Is this right?

The simple solution is to find a cracker-jack flooring installer, ask him/her to sand them all down to bare wood and match the stain and finish room to room. By the time you move in and get everything in place, you will be the only one who would ever know the woods were different since they will all basically match in color. The grains of the woods will probably be different but as long as the colors are a match, they will be fine.
  • svellino
    Författare
    9 år sedan
    thank you both for your comments - appreciate them! i'll think about both the next time i'm at the house. (this is for a summer house)
  • PRO
    Sandy G. ltd.
    9 år sedan
    You are welcomed and I hope you find a solution for your flooring challenge! Would love to see the "afters"!
  • Erica M
    8 år sedan

please let me know if you solved this we have the same problem.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Sverige
Skräddarsy min upplevelse genom att använda cookies

Houzz använder cookies och liknande teknik för att anpassa min upplevelse med relevant innehåll och det bästa Houzz produkter och tjänster kan erbjuda mig. Genom att klicka 'Acceptera' accepterar jag detta, så som det vidare beskrivs i Houzz Cookie Policy. Jag kan avvisa icke-essentiella cookies genom att klicka 'Administrera preferenser'.